A favor please regaurding owens the "moderator" - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 06:31 PM   #11
Jim O
Wes, here are some screen shots that might provide some enlightenment.
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2005, 06:34 PM   #12
Ophis
I think it was just a "wrong thread wrong time" situation. I read alot worse on that and other threads lately where not even a warning was handed down!

Old 07-22-2005, 06:36 PM   #13
Wilomn
Well, I'm stumped.

This is a fairly typical post for me, not even a heated one.

I have NO clue what made it worth 10 points and a suspension.

owens, care to enlighten me? What was SO terrible about this post?

Old 07-22-2005, 06:40 PM   #14
Ophis
Maybe because when you went with "your an idiot reina" you showed disrespect by not capitolizing the R?

Old 07-22-2005, 07:11 PM   #15
Jim O
OK, now I am stumped. Wes is "suspended" and posting. Huh??

Old 07-22-2005, 07:48 PM   #16
DAND
Let's see if Bruce holds true to his word of paying the first (I believe it was) $35-40 towards Wes' fine.

Old 07-22-2005, 07:51 PM   #17
shrap
Wow,

I am biting my tongue at this point....

Old 07-22-2005, 07:52 PM   #18
Wilomn
Even if he tried I wouldn't take it.

Depending on how this plays out it may be a moot point by now anyway.

Old 07-22-2005, 09:39 PM   #19
WebSlave
The following are the previous two warnings I had given Wes concerning his postings:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
You know, ANYTHING even remotely associated with ryan turd is just as foul smelling as a two days overlooked regurgimouse (which is BAD, very BAD).

ryan, your reputation sucks because of your poor EVERYTHING.

If the thread starter ISN'T you, and isn't it wonderful that you are automatically suspected of doing this AGAIN, then it is seemingly obvious that he is your shill. That too is NOT a good thing.

It's been nice NOT seeing you, please stay away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
Here's the scoop in case you're missing it doni.

When you buy from known scumbags, no matter WHAT kind of deal YOU get, YOU are supporting a SCUMBAG.

Just because YOU did not get screwed THIS time does not mean you won't next time and it SURELY makes it easier for the scumbag, ie lyin' ryan, to cheat the next newbie down the line.

IF you avoid giving money to known scumbags they will, eventually, go away.

Look at it this way.
If you wanted albino balls and the going rate was 800.00, just pulling a number out of thin air for this example, but there was this guy selling them for 400.00, it would be a HELLOVA deal to get them from him, neh?

However, the REASON his are half price is because HE has screwed over so many people and made SUCH a bad name for himself that NO ONE who has EVER heard of him will do business with him. This is not an isolated one time type of thing, it's ongoing and longstanding with this guy.

Now YOU have to make a decision. Who do YOU want playing in YOUR playground? People to whom you may pay more for your balls, people that are honest and trustworthy and actually KNOW what those two words mean or some scumsucking bottom feeder that is just in it to make a buck or two, caring not at all, seemingly, for the animals in question or the ethics of his conduct?

When I want a good meal I don't go to mickey ds. If I'm looking for cheap grub that I KNOW is subpar in nutritive content THEN I do.

IF you really want quality and a good reputation you need to edumacate your self not only on from whom to buy but on whom to allie yourself with. lyin' ryan turd is NOT a good choice as an allie.

Glad you got a good deal, you're one of the lucky ones.

My comment with the last one, was "Last warning, Wes.

Yes, the language Wes used in the post Jay suspended him for IS pretty typical for Wes and not all that unusual. Unfortunately it does not excuse using it here on this site.

The reason Wes was able to continue posting even after the suspension was because of the way the paid membership groups work. I have to specifically disable the additional membership for the fine or suspension to take effect. That will be something that will be fixed when my programmer gets done a high priority project he is working on for someone else.

As for Wes being notified, typically any warning assessment generates both a PM and an email about this event. I do not know why Wes did not receive one or both of them.

I hope this better explains the situation.

Old 07-26-2005, 10:23 AM   #20
DragonCharm
Now Wes I have no problems with you, you do make good posts and bad as we all do. However I do see the level of disrespect shown in those threads to be appropriate for disciplinary action. Calling people turds, etc hardly has any place in an intelligent conversation and only muddies any point you were trying to make. If there is a good solid reason to go after someone it should be possible to turn that good reason into a good post about the problem. According to the rules of the board which one of these doesn't apply to at least a few of your posts:

Quote:
Discourtesy towards another member - 3 points I don't want people chased away from here because of the way someone may talk to them on this site. Be courteous at all times, please.

Unnecessary roughness - 3 points Not really flamming nor discourtesy, but you may need to tone it down just a bit. Sometimes it is just a matter of inappropriate word choice in what you are trying to say.

Name calling and general derogatory statements - 3 points This should be pretty self explanatory. Even is someone actually IS a scumbag, don't call them one on this site. Learn some finesse with the english language and imply all you want, but just try to avoid being crude about it.

Excessive flames - 3 points You probably need to take a Valium as you are getting way to emotional and carried away with your rhetoric. You probably won't be surprised to see this warning on your record afterwards.
I'm not trying to start trouble with you, I have no issues with you. Not saying that I wouldn't call someone Turd myself BUT it is against the rules. The rules apply to everyone, you knew that before you post and should take full responsibility for your actions. You can't blame Doc for doing his job, you can't blame Rich because it is HIS SITE and HIS MONEY and HIS TIME so he's going to run it as he sees fit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread