To all who had websites hosted with James Thornton - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-30-2002, 05:36 PM   #1
Stephen Barger
Hello, my name is Stephen Barger.  Some of you may know me, some may not.  I am new to this board, I have only been here since the begining of March.  I have read up on what all James Thornton got off with, how he is assumed to have ripped so many off.  The reason I say assumed is that is hasn't (to my knowledge) been proven in court, and I would rather not get sued over something dumb.  

Either way, I have a proposition for anyone here to had their site hosted with James' servers, and who doesn't know how to change them over to a new server.  First off, let me start out by saying, and I mean it, I am NOT trying to sucker you out of money.  I have no intentions of charging a dime.  

I will help track down the servers, and the registrar he registered the site with.  I'll help you in transfering the site to a new host.  I'm attempting currently to contact Danny to see if once we get the sites up on the new servers if by any chance he can send me the original site files so they can be uploaded on the new servers.  I want to do everything I can to keep this as simple and as cheap for you.  You have already been screwed once, you don't need it again.  I am not claiming this is 100% free, as it has been brought to my attention that Danny may very well have been a legal registrar, so if you want the site, you may have to reregister it.  I will look into each and every response seperately, and help each person on a person by person basis.  Beyond the possible charges of reregistering the site, you will possibly have to pay a hosting fee.  I know of some free hosting sites, some low cost / good quality sites, and others.  I'll help you decide which one you want to use.  I am not trying to gain a single penny from you.  

Now , please don't get scared off by the fact you may have to reregister (not with me, but rather good reputation companies) this is a low cost deal.  You may pay 20-30 dollars for a years registration.  Now you MAY not have to reregister the sites, as I am going to be contacting the company who James was an "affiliate" of, and maybe because they are the overall company, they might honor his registration with other companies under them... don't hold your breath, but I am working that angle too.

If you had your site hosted with James Thornton, and you still haven't gotten it switched over to a new server, and want too, please contact me at scbarger@earthlink.net
Please off the bat furnish the following information:  your domain name, your current email address, your name, and your phone number.  I will have questions before this will go further, and I'll check with you along the way to see what YOU want to do.  Please be prepared to spend some time on the phone to Virginia though, although I'll try to keep this to a minimun.  I would normally call you, but if I am dealing with more than one person/company, and I am not asking a single penny, I can't afford to talk to everyone on my phone bill :-) .  

You are welcome to back out at any time, there are no contracts with me, and no charges with me.  I will not recieve commissions from ANY of the companies I suggest or warn against.  

Thanks for your time .  I would like to thank WebSlave for allowing me to post this here.  He and I have already talked via the messenger on this site about this.  Thanks for taking the time, and I hope you have a good weekend.  

Stephen Barger
scbarger@earthlink.net

Old 03-30-2002, 10:27 PM   #2
Ricks Reptiles
Thanks for the help and the concern. It is good to see that there are some good people out there, unlike James!
There is one other site that I know of and the owners name is Mike Conley.

Thanks again, and talk to you soon.
Rick

Old 03-31-2002, 02:11 AM   #3
WebSlave
Just for the record, there are two companies I have been using to register domain names with and they are very reasonably priced and provide excellent service:

GoDaddy.com   $8.95/yr
directNIC.com  $15.00/yr

I have been working with both of them registering my DNS servers and am now in the process of getting an SSL certificate and they are both being very helpful.   I would recommend either one without reservations.

Old 03-31-2002, 02:21 AM   #4
Stephen Barger
I have a mistake to correct from my first post... Sorry Danny, I meant to type James, I am not trying to imply that this was Danny's doing... sorry for any confusion.

"I am not claiming this is 100% free, as it has been brought to my attention that Danny may very well have been a legal registrar, so if you want the site, you may have to reregister it."
Like I said, this info is on James not Danny.

Thanks
Stephen Barger
scbarger@earthlink.net

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!