Newbie Boa Questions... any help is much appreciate =) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-06-2005, 08:03 PM   #1
atomicgrrl
Newbie Boa Questions... any help is much appreciate =)

Hello! My name is Shannon and I've had a corn snake and am now wanting another snake, and am immensely intrigued by boas. However, I do not want one that is over 6', and if possible I'd rather have one under 6', and around 5' or lower even. I have been reading a LOT on snakes of all kinds, but there is variations between all the sources and I'd like to validate my information from people with actual proven experience. Basically I really want a boa that isn't super large, or super expensive. I can not spend any more than $150 on a snake, and I'd much prefer less. Any/all information is much appreciated, including links to sellers!

Thanks!

Old 03-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #2
Mike Greathouse
Shannon,
Given your size parameters and your budget, your best bet will be a Central American Boa. You can usually obtain Nicaraguans for a very reasonable price. Just be aware that many of those offered for sale are imports. These are not necessarily bad, you just need to ensure that they have been treated for parasites and that they are feeding well.

Good luck with your search and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Old 03-06-2005, 11:06 PM   #3
atomicgrrl
Thanks a lot! I've been emailing a few people and have a possibility of a male Caulker Cay Boa, would this also be a good option?

Old 03-09-2005, 02:34 PM   #4
atomicgrrl
Just wanted to say I did buy the Caulker Cay, because after further research my intelligent self figured out they were a Central American Boa LOL, thanks a lot Mike Greathouse and I'll in all probability post pictures when I receive him =).

Old 03-13-2005, 02:49 PM   #5
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Thanks a lot! I've been emailing a few people and have a possibility of a male Caulker Cay Boa, would this also be a good option?
One word of caution though, don't expect these boas to be unusually tame. If you are looking into something you can handle often, and although I little larger I would probably go for a Dummeril's. Just a thought.

Regards.

Old 03-14-2005, 03:54 PM   #6
theboakid8989
ya, hog islands are good too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!