Nom Nom Nom - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
TheFragginDragon
Nom Nom Nom

My male Timor Monitor just loves when late summer and fall come around, I catch Katydids that seem to congregate around my workplace and bring them home, and he makes short work of them.
He's getting on in years. I got him as a young adult back in 2001, so he's got to be at least 11 years old. Definitely showing his age, but he still huffs and puffs whenever I get too close for his liking.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:34 AM   #2
SamanthaJane13
That's a handsome boy you have there, John!!

Old 09-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #3
TheFragginDragon
Thanks Donna! I just wish I still had his mate, she passed away three years ago. She was a real looker, and not quite as 'hissy' as Stripe is.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:46 AM   #4
SamanthaJane13
Damn!! That's sad!!

Have you tried to find him a new woman?

Old 09-20-2011, 07:50 AM   #5
TheFragginDragon
Naw.....It's been a great experience having and breeding them, but lizards typically take more time and effort to take care of, and free time for me is at a premium.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #6
rcarichter
Did you guys have the 13-yr cicadas this summer? You could literally pick up 100 of them no matter where you were standing, for like 3 months. Unfortunately, I have nothing large enough to eat them. It felt like such a waste of free feeders!! I have to admit I took great joy in watching bug-haters running around, tearing at their hair.

Noelle

Old 09-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #7
TheFragginDragon
Oh yeah, we had them (though not in those kind of numbers lol). I used to catch them and feed them to my Savannah monitor Lucky (RIP). Sounded like he was eating popcorn

Old 09-21-2011, 04:00 AM   #8
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
Naw.....It's been a great experience having and breeding them, but lizards typically take more time and effort to take care of, and free time for me is at a premium.
Ah..the life of a widower monitor...poor dude must get lonely after having a woman around!!

Old 09-21-2011, 04:07 AM   #9
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
Did you guys have the 13-yr cicadas this summer? You could literally pick up 100 of them no matter where you were standing, for like 3 months. Unfortunately, I have nothing large enough to eat them. It felt like such a waste of free feeders!! I have to admit I took great joy in watching bug-haters running around, tearing at their hair.

Noelle
We didn't get them this year.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #10
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post

Noelle
I moved to MD and for the FIRST time (some time ago) saw some big bugs in the MILLIONS with beady red eyes! They were EVERYWHERE!! Trees were COVERED with them! Are those what you are talking about?

I was covered from head to toe when I stepped out the door. Light-weight HOODED jacket, and jogging pants...lol They were scary!

I'm trying to get out of MD before they come back.

Dragon, I can let you know when they return and you can come scoop them up (if I haven't made my escape by then).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
katydids, monitor, stripe, timor