After 15 years away I came back to find..... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-04-2021, 12:22 AM   #21
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
The BS forum?

Not joking, really, since the original post wasn't about Faunaclassifieds the website (so doesn't belong in the site feedback section), but rather about the people who post ads on it (and not even about the ads themselves -- it was specifically directed at the people).
Are you reading the same thread that I am? If so, what am I missing?

Old 08-04-2021, 12:38 AM   #22
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Are you reading the same thread that I am? If so, what am I missing?
You're right. I'm still stuck on the original post.

Old 08-05-2021, 12:12 PM   #23
WebSlave
Moved to the FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum.

Old 08-05-2021, 12:58 PM   #24
AbsoluteApril
besides the time involved that it would take which I would not volunteer to do, these three things jumped out at me immedietly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
People who are just buying can skip this portion since they aren’t the scammers.
there were plenty of BOIs where the buyer was the scammer; claiming an animal didn't arrive, claiming it arrived dead when it wasn't or claiming they got the wrong thing or doing chargebacks after the fact.

Quote:
I’m sure the drop in posts might be steep
that would directly impact any possible ad revenue which helps pay to keep the site up, we already lost the BOI due to not enough financial backing, I don't want to lose the whole site.

Quote:
How many people can keep getting drivers licenses in other peoples names? Maybe once or twice. IMO. And most people aren’t gonna give their id to their friend they know is scamming people.
You may be surprised how many fake IDs or friend of a friend's IDs us mods have seen over the years.

Old 08-05-2021, 08:36 PM   #25
WebSlave
Heck, I have had people fake letterheads of attorney offices when threatening me with lawsuits. With enough time and incentive, people can counterfeit just about anything. Some can be pretty convincing. Others, not so much. But either way it takes time and effort to try to figure out what is real and what is fantasy.

Point of the matter is, WHY should we do that sort of legwork to try to determine legitimacy of anyone, for anyone? It's not like we get any sort of percentages from sales made here or anything, or would get a medal for our efforts. And honestly, it would be quite a burden legally to pointedly claim that our investigations determined that someone was a scammer and then brand them as such by our followup actions.

Again, WHY should we entangle ourselves in other people's business that deeply? We all caught a LOT of crap because of the Board Of Inquiry, and we were just trying to keep the conversations civil. Not in the slightest trying to make judgement calls on whose story held water and whose did not. Do you honestly think us being actively engaged in all aspects of someone's transactions as some sort of judge here would get us a lot of gratitude and pats on the back for our troubles?

Nope. We are just providing the medium here for people to buy and sell animals and merchandise on this site. Yeah, we WILL catch scammers who have tripped wires laid out for them, but we only deal with them to the extent of them violating the rules here. Nothing more. So beyond that, everyone needs to understand that they are on their own buying and selling from people that are usually nothing more that a name and profile on a website. Understand that people will lie convincingly in order to take money out of your hands without a shred of guilt or regret. Those kinds of people are everywhere. YOU have to do what YOU think is best to avoid them. We cannot, and will not, make that decision for you.

Old 08-09-2021, 10:58 PM   #26
allreptiles1966
I can see your point, Rich. I’m just one that enjoyed the BOI. It worked well for me and now that I’m trying to rebuild after a few years hiatus, and a fauna fan from the start, I miss the boi. Yes, I’ll get over it. The good thing is, I met some really good people in my earlier years on here. And a couple seen me on here and contacted me. I’m sure I can keep myself from being ripped off without the BOI.

Old 08-09-2021, 11:13 PM   #27
allreptiles1966
Yeah, but April, the ids now are much more complicated to be making fake ones. But, if there’s a way, those people will find it.

I would not like to see this site close either! I’ve learned all my boa knowledge from this site and some of the good people on here. I knew little about genetics and how they work, but now understand a decent amount. Still lacking in some departments. But, I actually met one of the best and honest people I know on here and he is always willing to help me and others. So here I stay til Rich kicks me off because of my mouth and lack of control with it.��. As you know yourself, April, I speak first and then take my punishment. Some of us take longer than others to learn.

I know I probably can’t be of much help to you guys, but I am here if I can. I owe Rich at least tat much. He’s helped me more than once to keep me on here.

Where’s Mr. Harold now a days? I miss him chewing me out. Not that I mind if April does it. Lol. When Rich does it, I feel as though DAD spoke up and when that happens, well, you know. I listen!

Old 08-10-2021, 12:19 AM   #28
WebSlave
Quote:
Yeah, but April, the ids now are much more complicated to be making fake ones. But, if there’s a way, those people will find it.

I would not like to see this site close either! I’ve learned all my boa knowledge from this site and some of the good people on here. I knew little about genetics and how they work, but now understand a decent amount. Still lacking in some departments. But, I actually met one of the best and honest people I know on here and he is always willing to help me and others. So here I stay til Rich kicks me off because of my mouth and lack of control with it.��. As you know yourself, April, I speak first and then take my punishment. Some of us take longer than others to learn.

I know I probably can’t be of much help to you guys, but I am here if I can. I owe Rich at least tat much. He’s helped me more than once to keep me on here.

Where’s Mr. Harold now a days? I miss him chewing me out. Not that I mind if April does it. Lol. When Rich does it, I feel as though DAD spoke up and when that happens, well, you know. I listen!
I believe Harald just got burned out here. He lives a pretty demanding life, as best I know. That actually has happened to quite a few really good moderators we have had here over the years. This is a really stressful job, you know, and they are all volunteering their time and efforts for the sake of this site. Point of the matter is, I just can't do it all myself. And I am sure the moderators of times past found out that it's a pretty big bite to chew on when you have the higher priorities of your life to have to deal with. Things aren't quite so tough without the Board Of Inquiry, but trying to keep the spammers at bay really takes more effort that likely most people realize. And there are always the problems of people seemingly DEMANDING that even without the Board Of Inquiry still being here, that they have some right to post whatever they want, about whoever they want, whenever they want to. It takes a lot of time and effort to convince them otherwise without pissing them off in the process. Which truthfully, very often is an impossible goal. So we catch the stress from such encounters when they happen. No one here likes losing people because of something we had to say to them.

That being said, you have no idea how sorely I regret making those people moderators only to have lost them here for good as a result. As a result, I don't take that kind of decision lightly. And quite frankly, I NEVER choose someone to be a moderator who comes out of the blue and asks for it. Personally, I just think those people must be nuts to want that job and I don't want crazy people to be moderators on this site.

Of course, I am relatively strict about how I want things run here, and that quite possibly has alienated some past moderators, too. But it is what it is, I guess. If I can't run this site the way I want to run it, how else should it be run?

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and more second chances than most people likely would. Some people turn it around, and others don't, and never will. But at least most can't say I didn't give them a chance. Some people are just not going to like the way I run this site. Fair enough. I don't like everyone I run into neither. But there is no reason why we can't just get along at arm's length without generating a lot of friction in the pursuit of what you want out of this site, and what I want out of it. Just treat me how you would like to be treated, and how you would like your home to be treated by a guest, and there is a pretty good chance we will get along just fine.

Old 08-10-2021, 10:39 AM   #29
allreptiles1966
Well, brother, you’ve done good so far and I truly never looked at it that way. I’m a simple redneck with a basic education in schooling and one heck of a college education in life! I was always that bonehead that reacts first and thinks later. Not a good way to live life, Rich! That led to many bad decisions over my years. But, I did learn enough to teach my 3 kids not to go that route. It has paid off using myself and my bad decisions to teach my kids what NOT to do. And honestly, we can be proud of our adult kids. My biggest push was to work hard at whatever you decide to do in life. I busted my butt paving since I was 15. A hard job but I liked it. And it did well for me. I’m not rich at all, but at 55 and both of us are retired. Wife from a great job, me from buying gold and silver weekly when I was young. So, hard work does pay off. Tooting my own horn. Lol

I do know that the mods offer their time for free and being one of the thorns in their/your side, I do apologize to all. But in all honesty, only Mr Moore was someone I had an issue with. He was a tough man. You could feel his anger in his reply’s. Lol. But that was then and as the time goes by, I try a little bit harder.
I would offer my time but being a simple redneck uneducated man, I could never do it. It takes a brain to be a mod and mine is limited, Rich. I’m sure you can tell by my writings that I’m not qualified. And I have little patience. I could never be as calm as some of your mods are! I’m that guy that cannot take the crap you guys have and still do.
I just know that people in general, suck. IMO. Not all of course, but so many do.

Babble babble I do. Lol. Well, after reading your replies to me, Rich. I think I’ll try even a little bit harder to not poke. I don’t want to stress (April) out. She’s gotta be my favorite mod to date. She seems to have what it takes.
You know, sometimes you erk someone and they never forgive you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!