Prehensile-Tailed Skinks - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-11-2005, 01:20 PM   #1
snakester
Prehensile-Tailed Skinks

Hi
I just want to make this topic for all of us to talk about our skinks and ask each other ???s about how we do different stuff and where we got our skinks etc...

I just got a female Prehensile-Tailed Skinks that is about a year old. She is a lot of fun to see when she climbs around in her cage. and I like to take her outside and let her climb in the trees some when it is warm!
I also have a question... Can a Prehensile-Tailed Skink and a Blue tongue skink be kept in the same cage if it is about 4’x 4’x 2’?

Here are some pics of my girl!
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2005, 01:44 PM   #2
Vince
they love bananas. also they love to climb the more room for them to climb the better! very nice skink, is it a wild cought? male or female?

Old 03-11-2005, 01:46 PM   #3
Vince
woops just reread your post , looks like a nice girl. I dont think it would be a good idea to house the two together , monkey taild skinks need alot more humidity if im not mistaken. post some more pics of your cage I would love to see it!

Old 03-12-2005, 01:16 PM   #4
snakester
Here is an update...

I am building a new cage that is 5'4 x 2' x 2'.
I will post pics when it is done!!!

My skink is a CB. female about one year old and she is 16 & 1/2 in.
I have feed her bananas some but her favorit is water-melon & other melons!

Do you have any pics of your skink?

Old 03-12-2005, 01:20 PM   #5
Vince
I had one about 5 years ago , It was a huge WC male. he had escaped, then came back like 2 months later then escaped again the next day! I was thinking of getting more if I ever have anought money , I would love the breed these guys one day. do you plan on getting a male and trying to produce some captive breed babies?

Old 03-13-2005, 02:12 PM   #6
snakester
Yes I would like to get a male soon but I have to save for a while.
If I can find one I would like to get one for as cheap as I got my female.
I also thought of selling her since she is CB. and buying a WC. adult pair that are ready to breed!

Old 03-14-2005, 09:49 PM   #7
aliceinwl
In my experience with herps healthy tame cb's are worth their weight in gold.
I think that your plan to save up is a good one. It would be aweful to sell her off to get a pair only to end up paying for vet bills to treat parasites, dealing with finicky feeders, bad personalities, and to top it off the pair might not even be compatible. Plus, your girl is lovely!

I've heard that the best way to introduce a new PTS to a female is to get it as a baby, then the adult female will kind of adopt it.

-Alice

Old 04-21-2005, 12:10 AM   #8
madragon
hey do any one of you guys know where to look for a prehensile tailed skink

Old 04-21-2005, 02:12 AM   #9
Intense Herpetoculture
Well, all the money tails in the states are LTC's. Importation stopped on them a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceinwl
In my experience with herps healthy tame cb's are worth their weight in gold.
I think that your plan to save up is a good one. It would be aweful to sell her off to get a pair only to end up paying for vet bills to treat parasites, dealing with finicky feeders, bad personalities, and to top it off the pair might not even be compatible. Plus, your girl is lovely!

I've heard that the best way to introduce a new PTS to a female is to get it as a baby, then the adult female will kind of adopt it.

-Alice

Old 04-23-2005, 12:04 AM   #10
aliceinwl
I thought a bunch of wc's got imported last year due to a technicality or something. I could be mistaken on the timeline though. But, even then, you're probably right about all the guys available right now being ltc's.

-Alice

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!