can anyone help identify this snake?!?!?!?!?! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
sonicwrxpa
can anyone help identify this snake?!?!?!?!?!

75 days ago i bought a pair of balls on fauna a pastel male and a normal female

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=169991

although he said she was not gravid about 20 days after recieving her she laid 7 big good looking eggs, unfortunitaly about half way through incubation i went away and noone was watching the temp, well for some reason it get really really hot and i lost 4 of the eggs , the other three just hatched and look great, there is one really light norma,l one pastel, and one???? its close to a pastel but not its very yellow and the pattern is very complex, i was thinking the "normal" female mother might be a yellow belly, making this a pastel yellow belly any opinions

1st pic ??? is in the upper left, pastel in lower right, and normal or yellow belly in the upper right

2nd pic is the ?? on the left and the pastel on the right

please help

Old 07-13-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
hhmoore
Do you have a pic of the mother?

Old 07-13-2010, 09:50 PM   #3
The Python Lab
Can you contact the previous owner and ask what she was bred to?

Old 07-13-2010, 10:48 PM   #4
Matt2979
The one you're asking about does NOT appear to be a pastel YB, but I can't tell you what it is. Pics of mom should definitely help. Knowing what she was bred certainly would not hurt, either.

Whatever you have there, it is gorgeous!!

Old 07-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
sonicwrxpa
i contacted the previous owner he swares she was only bred to the pastel that i bought with her, il get a pic of the mother and father up in a day or so she looks like a very dark normal her belly is almost clean except one little spot

i agree she is gorgeous and trust me shes much brighter in person

Old 07-15-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
sonicwrxpa
ok heres pics of the parents

1st and 2nd are the ?normal? mother the last is the pastel male

Old 07-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #7
Matt2979
That normal looks like she's got some paradox going on?? Can't tell for sure with that shot, but the first pic on the right side of the screen....her right side within the first 1/3 of her body looks to have some paradox going on.

That's the only thing that I see that might be abnormal.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #8
sonicwrxpa
i agree it looks like there is a section of paradox but wouldnt that mean that she is carying a morph, if so what would give that kind of result what would the paradox spot be???

shes only dark on that one side the other side looks normal

Old 07-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #9
gsrept
looks good but i think you have just a really nice and bright pastel. the only way to tell would be hold it back and breed it back to see what you get. very nice good luck

Old 07-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #10
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicwrxpa View Post
i agree it looks like there is a section of paradox but wouldnt that mean that she is carying a morph, if so what would give that kind of result what would the paradox spot be???

shes only dark on that one side the other side looks normal
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe paradox is like a ringer. It's not genetic and I don't believe it's a "marker" of anything, either.

Both pastels have similar markings, but what I'm amazed by is the white border between the black and yellow on the animal on the left. Could be from mom, but it could be from the sire, too. If so, you've got a long project ahead of you using the pastel to find out what genes it might hold....IF something more than a crazy pastel pattern.

Good luck with it! If you don't have the time or patience to find out, I might <hint, hint!!!>! LOL...but serious!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!