APTOR babies - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-05-2005, 02:20 AM   #31
Chris@TSE
"Thanks ! Those are going to be some nice ones . Did you breed any APTOR or Het female/s ? Just curious because someone else has Aptor-ish babies when they should have only been hets."

Well let me ask you this... did someone else breed the aptor to a non het animal that was striped or reverse striped. if so this is another indication that aptors may basically be nothing more than patternless stripes. stripe to reverse stripe breedings will produce patternless type animals and the aptor would be the albino version of those pairings. hence the "new" patternless morph....

We've had aptors hatch from aptor x aptor, aptor x het, what looks to be aptors from aptor x striped albino, and what looks to be aptors out of aptor x rev stripe het albino.

alberto has pretty much confirmed my suspicious and he should be able to prove all of this before us.... after speaking with him i felt more confident that the patternless orange albino animals we have hatched are indeed aptors. but again, not proven. these animals would need to be bred together to see if raptors were produced and so forth. if this is true however many who thought they could not obtain or produce one may actually already have the makings to do so...

All I can say it is a very fun project, the "mystery" or uncertainty with them can be aggrivating at times but stumbling upon things to confirm such theories is good progress and makes it worth while. its a tough call though, as we've all seen many animals that look to be aptors are sometimes merely hets.... or thats what ron has called them. either way all of us should have alot better info next season.

and thanks for the kind words....

Old 08-10-2005, 01:11 PM   #32
groovygeckos
Didnt see all these replies .

Thanks Bruce and Eric , yea takes some time to learn to get good pics . Im still trying for better .

Gene YES they are hard to get the exact color in a photo . LOL

Chris , yes we have bred to Het APTOR , Giant Striped Albino , and Red Stripe so far . No APTORish babies yet from non APTOR related breedings .

One of the Red Stripe X APTORs is alot more "hypo" than the others

I know what you mean about Stripe X Reverse Stripe some of the Red Stripe X Reverse Stripe Albino babies we have hatched look "patternless" . But none of the APTOR "Hets" so far LOL Oh well

No Red Eyes from APTOR X Het or APTOR X APTOR ?

Old 08-10-2005, 01:17 PM   #33
Chris@TSE
Not yet that I know of, then again I havent inspected each and every hatchling close enough yet. I'll go through them all this weekend and see if we got lucky

Old 08-10-2005, 02:10 PM   #34
groovygeckos
That would be a nice suprise ! I could hardly beleive it when i saw it .

Old 08-10-2005, 07:31 PM   #35
montezuma
Dan, I have 2 of the APTORxSHTCT Stripe babies below... I need to get some better pics of them (ones without a reddish-yellowish tint).. mine seem to be hatching with a ton of lavender which is slowly but surely fading.

Old 08-11-2005, 11:21 PM   #36
diablohogs
Quote:
YEAH!!! You posted a large picture!!!!
LOL! i was thinking the same thing!! i had a feeling they were awesome geckos in those tiny pictures though...

great looking stuff dan!

Old 08-12-2005, 12:22 AM   #37
groovygeckos
Thanks everyone !

Gene, those are pretty nice babies youve got there . The only "normal" APTOR crosses we hatched are from Red Stripes , allthough they hatched w/ black it quicky faded to lavender outlined in black . On one the black faded 3Xs as fast with much less black left than the other 2 which are a few weeks older . Maybe a little Hypo(?)

Those hatched lavender ? Cool !

Thanks Chad !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!