Texas Reptile Expo March 27-28 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 03-25-2004, 04:48 AM   #1
lizzardcomputer
Texas Reptile Expo March 27-28

I have been holding my breath for this show. Looking to buy and trade several lizards and snakes. As my last web quest for Argentine black & white tegu left me with oversized Columbian black & white. Despite an idiot proof email that stated over and over Argentine Tupinambis Merianae. The owner had no pics a lesson learned. I take my lumps well first time shame on me. I hope this show is what have been waiting for. God to finaly see quality reptiles before I buy them. I hope they dont have the price to match.

Old 03-25-2004, 07:23 AM   #2
robin d.
if this is one of the shows put on by texas reptiles expos.. the arnolds i wouldnt hold my breath............
point blank those shows are low quality and really suck

Old 03-25-2004, 08:14 AM   #3
lizzardcomputer
Oh Great

Great me and my freinds were going to check it out. We each already have a wider sellection than most pet stores in this area. I guess Icould go back to web I rather jump off a building and land eye first on a tack.

Old 03-25-2004, 08:40 AM   #4
robin d.
loads of wild caughts, native and exotic not even quality WC, not much of a selection pretty much the basics.. i stopped going to these shows over two years ago as i saw it as a waste of my time and money

Old 03-25-2004, 08:51 AM   #5
lizzardcomputer
Trading

I am looking for bearded dragons this should not a tall order. I have corns, tegus, and ribbons I was hoping to trade for some dragons. If there are no halfway good offers the tegus can come back home.

Old 03-28-2004, 04:41 PM   #6
lizzardcomputer
The order was to large

One table with beardies 3males 3females no female breeders just juv. $150.00 Normals. No trading I felt like I brought a larger selection than most venders. No more than 20 venders most with corns snakes. But the turtle dude rocked

Old 03-28-2004, 05:18 PM   #7
jwbigtex
Angry arlington texas reptile show

WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND GAS!!!!! IF YOU LIVE IN THE AREA,DON'T GO WHAT A WASTE!!!!THE ARNOLD'S AKA (CROOKS)!!!! I HAVE SEEN BETTER SELECTIONS AT GARAGE SALES!!!!!AND THEY DON'T COST 6 BUCKS TO GET IN

Old 05-14-2004, 08:29 AM   #8
jnsreptiles
Hello all,

I will be attending the show there this weekend as a vendor. Now I am not saying I am anything special, or have anything extreme (that I am taking with me), but I hope to help breath some life into the show. I will be taking a few dozen beardies, adults females included. I will also have burms, retics, maybe some Poison Arrows, a large red tail, and who knows what else I may show up with. But, I will definately have some beardies, and a large retic and burm available. The beardies are going to be everything from $50-$150, depending on quality and size. I know I will have atleast 10 breeder quality 3 month old beardies, maybe more. Like I said, I am not going to bring anything super spectacular, but I was at the last show, and I know what you are talking about. This is the only regular show going on in this area, other than the All Pet Show. That show is maily birds, although Lynn Hendricks does attend it, and she does have some of the nicest breeder quality stock around. If we plan to keep these shows going, they need some support. Instead of everyone bitching about the show, why not become a vendor and raise the quality ourselves? I for one am excited that there is a show that comes here every couple of months. Last year they were here every month during summer and fall. I know there are some people that have problems with the Arnolds, and I understand you not going to the show. But to those who are still open to the idea of spending time with other enthusiasts, and attending a show to see what may be there, no matter if it is 20 vendors or 200 vendors, I encourage you to attend. Stop by and say hi. Meet my mammoth of a brother, lol. He will be the large bald cowboy, lol. I will be the one standing next to my extremely pregnant wife. Don't give up on this show. If you have anything for trade, bring it with you, or bring photos. I am always looking for trades, especially for vision cages, (model 332 to be exact), but who knows. I hope to see you all there.

Jason Smith

Old 05-14-2004, 01:20 PM   #9
jwbigtex
Re: arlington texas reptile show

rem

Old 06-04-2004, 10:25 AM   #10
snakekid13
oh i remember you had the retic and burm at that show you have nice stuff. I agree we need to help the show. I know the arnolds and their personal friends of mine and yes their shows are small but that doesnt mean their "crooks" and yes 6 dollars is high but you've gotta pay for things somehow. I've picked up some nice things at that show too. Look at my animals under the python forum under "just wanted to share some pictures" every animal in that pic is from that show. Also the all pet expo suck! They have a reptile room with about three vendors. Thanks Lynn Hendrix for coming to those shows thats the only reason i go.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!