pinkies?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-30-2005, 08:00 PM   #1
nuttzo420
pinkies??

whats all of your opinions on feeding loes pinkies?

Old 07-30-2005, 08:33 PM   #2
dragonflyreptiles
I feed them A LOT, I have 4 1.4 colonies of mice breeders and feed out pinkies to all adults (breeding or not) at least 3 times a month, depends on the number of pink I get, sometimes they get 1 a week.

I used to buy pinks for breeding females only and give them one after each clutch but they began to fight over them so I decided to drop the $1 each pink fee and breed my own. And with mice all they do is eat, poop and make babies lol

Just make sure they leo is big enough to eat the pink and they will love them and thank you for the extra nutritional and calcium!

Old 07-30-2005, 10:30 PM   #3
DeVackHerps
same here, i breed mice for my balls but my left over ones i give to my leos. i would say one a week or maybe 1 every 2 weeks, depends on how many i go through. i wouldnt feed any more then that, to many isnt very good for there health.

Old 08-07-2005, 01:39 AM   #4
nuttzo420
thank you. i had gave my largest 2 females a pinkie each and they loved it.
ill throw one in evehere and there and a while as a treat. someone once mentioned
that they can have parrasites? that couldnt transfer to a reptile right. i get
them from N.E.R.D. and they have a good rep. (i love it its 1 mile from my house)
i shouldnt worry right. anothe forum (with a lot of know-it-alls) crys about impaction with everything should i worry about pinkies causing compaction. thank you both.
eric

Old 08-07-2005, 02:56 AM   #5
aliceinwl
I think that it is highly unlikely that feeding pinkies could lead to impaction. Mice can potentially transfer parasites, but by purchasing from a reputable source, you minimize that risk.

-Alice

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!