And you all wonder why I have to make the restrictions I do... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 05:35 PM   #21
Cat_72
If you find one, let me know......because I've never seen it.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:49 PM   #22
CurtisF
When so many egos are crammed in to such a small place, drama will always happen. Everywhere. There in no utopia. Though, I do not consider drama a completely bad thing. It let's you figure out who is really who, and what is really what. When it comes down to it, one man's argument is another man's drama, and vice versa.

That being said, I don't mean to reflect on this thread to any extent with this post. Just felt like pointing this out.

But, if you do find one, let me know

Old 06-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #23
IloveSnakes1234
Yeah.. I'll try... lol

Old 06-01-2007, 06:20 PM   #24
Wraith
Am I the only person who is wrong in thinking that ... if the photo(s) belong(s) to Bobby then he has the complete and total right to do whatever he wants with his photos. Petty or not, Rich has no right to deny Bobby or anyone else their rights to delete their photos. Bobby owns the copyright to his photos (not rich), therefore he has full say on the use of those photos. Posting photos on an internet forum does not in anyway mean that Bobby gave up his copyright and control of those photos. No one else can tell him that he can't delete them from a website if he wants to do just that at a later date.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #25
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Am I the only person who is wrong in thinking that ... if the photo(s) belong(s) to Bobby then he has the complete and total right to do whatever he wants with his photos. Petty or not, Rich has no right to deny Bobby or anyone else their rights to delete their photos. Bobby owns the copyright to his photos (not rich), therefore he has full say on the use of those photos. Posting photos on an internet forum does not in anyway mean that Bobby gave up his copyright and control of those photos. No one else can tell him that he can't delete them from a website if he wants to do just that at a later date.

I'm pretty much in agreement with Adrian on this.

But I'd also like to look at it practically. I run across posts on forums all the time that no longer include the photos and I don't give it a second thought. People remove attachments for any number of reasons, to free up space, they move a folder and the links go bad, their server crashes and they lose the pics. But for whatever reason, the reader doesn't know, probably doesn't care. Just looks at it and goes "oh, the photo is gone" and moves on. It doesn't reflect badly on the forum, its just a fact of the internet, people don't worry about the "why".

Pics in BOI threads are a different story though. Maybe there should be a special gallery hosted off Fauna's servers strictly for pics people want in BOI threads that can't be edited and can't be lost.

I have to ask though, has anyone tried to contact Bobby to see if he did pull those pics on purpose? I don't like the idea of holding him up to ridicule based on an assumption.

Actually, I don't like the idea of holding him up to ridicule, period. He contributed an awful lot to this site, and if he left with hard feelings, that's a shame, but no reason to lambaste him.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #26
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench133
Pics in BOI threads are a different story though. Maybe there should be a special gallery hosted off Fauna's servers strictly for pics people want in BOI threads that can't be edited and can't be lost.

I Second this. Since i gave a Prime example of this above, i will be deleting my photos somewhat soon. ( just too lazy to bother right now at deleting them ) But i think pics on the BOI should be hosted By Fauna servers. General forum threads whose pictures have gone missing, can be ignored. Like Erin said, it happens and most people dont ive it a second thought.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:56 PM   #27
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webslave
I've had members in the past get their panties in a wad over something and then in apparent spite, go through their posts and delete or edit out as much as they can to apparently "get even". So, of course, I have had to restrict this ability to try and limit such damage people with this sort of personality disorder will try to inflict.
Somehow, I missed this snippet in my first read....

Personality disorder??

Bobby said he didn't want his work to be associated with a site with low enough morals to allow Jack the Ripper to be a moderator. That was his choice. To say that is a "personality disorder" is stretching it a bit, isn't it?

Old 06-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #28
hhmoore
Jack is a moderator now?? I'm sure he'll do a great job...as long as everybody doesn't start squawking about what he does in his free time.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:07 PM   #29
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Jack is a moderator now?? I'm sure he'll do a great job...as long as everybody doesn't start squawking about what he does in his free time.
Apparently, if he ponies up his $100, he could be.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:10 PM   #30
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Somehow, I missed this snippet in my first read....

Personality disorder??

Bobby said he didn't want his work to be associated with a site with low enough morals to allow Jack the Ripper to be a moderator. That was his choice. To say that is a "personality disorder" is stretching it a bit, isn't it?
Well since Bobby is evidently quoting something I wrote in the moderators forum, let me copy that post here directly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Years ago I had the opportunity to catch some gravid broadheaded skinks and had them lay eggs. Hatched out a bunch of babies, and set them ALL up in a large tank together. Every day when I checked on them, I found 1 dead baby skink in the cage. Odd..... This went on for about a week or so before it finally dawned on me that the entire group of them was picking out ONE and killing it. The next day, they would pick another one. I finally had to put them all into separate containers or I was going to lose all but one of them.

Gee, this sounds off topic, doesn't it?

Point is, I see that happening here with a group of people targeting the mods. Yes, they DID try that with Jay, but I stood my ground, displayed all the evidence they were claiming showed him to supposedly be a "bad" mod, and proved them just flat out wrong. The sniping still continued, but with a lot less conviction behind it.

Personally, I don't care what anyone here does outside of their roll as a moderator. You could be Jack the Ripper, but as long as you do that job of moderation here acceptably, I don't have a reason to complain about you. I am judging mods by how they ACT as mods, and nothing else. Yes, I am and will catch flak about this position, but that's the way I think it needs to be.

You guys are going through exactly the same thought processes that I and the site mods had to go through concerning particular warning offenses. I've been through the trial and error process on many of them. Had to see what would work and what would not. Which is why when I turned over this power to you guys, I tried to limit the types of warnings because I knew some of them would just be troublesome and possibly detrimental to both you and this site. "Off Topic Posting" and "Trolling" are just damned difficult to do anything about without being wrong around half of the time, and getting someone pissed at you in the process. Even "Profanity" will have areas of gray involved, but normally not as much of a problem to deal with. Of course there are other warnings that can be problematical as well, but that's just the way the real world is. Very little black and white, but a whole lot of gray.

If you guys want to jump into hot water with those offenses that I feel will likely get you into that pot, I am willing to allow you that shot. But you need to think about not only YOUR opinion of how they will be enforced, but how other mods might do so and in the process drag you along with them in the process.

So hash this out and let me know what you want to do....

Thanks.
So that's what Bobby has himself all worked up over.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread