And you all wonder why I have to make the restrictions I do... - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 09:55 PM   #41
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Ashton
Well you are a doctor.

Err....you used to be.

You should be able to take care of that.

Did they have a class in weak comebacks where you allegedly went to school?

Having the degree makes one a doctor. The degree lasts for life. You would know that if you had one. Because I was wise and retired from hard work young makes me...smarter than you.

Now people who actually have brains are getting bored with your drivel and weak attempts at put downs. If you have anything semi-intelligent to say to me say it in PM so as to spare those actually wishing to discuss the topic at hand, oh hypocritical one.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:16 PM   #42
hhmoore
It isn't as though Bobby went back and deleted his posts from the Tegu forum or elsewhere (at least, not that I am aware of). I could see that being made an issue, as it has been in the past. The images being removed is a somewhat of a different story. It isn't as if pictures aren't deleted anyways (and for a variety of reasons, as mentioned earlier by several of us), but can I understand where Rich might view it as being done in spite. In this case, it certainly sounds as if Bobby was "taking his ball and leaving".

Old 06-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #43
KelliH
I can understand why Bobby deleted his attachments. He wants to take his property and go somewhere else. I think if he wants to do that, it is his right. What I do find quite ironic is that when it was me that wanted access to my attachments and images, because I no longer wanted them on the site, Bobby was right there telling me how wrong I was. Remember that, Bobby?

Quote:
varnyard says: Well, that is very valid. IMO, not a great answer, but very valid. I think we can see now why you are wanting access to remove all of your attachments. But IMO, the reason you are giving is not a good enough one to give you that. I don't think what Scott done is right in the least, and to knowingly let you do the same would be not be good for this site, IMO.
Quote:
varnyard says: Now Kelli, don't you think removing those images would leave gaps in these threads and posts? I mean, if you said something like: Look at my new gecko, and then that image was deleted. That would be a odd post, would it not?
There are more of course but I think the above quotes make the point. Rich, I want you to know that while I still feel it is a member's right to do whatever they want to with their images, I respect this site and you, as the owner of the site. It comes down to your preference and your decisions, and you have been right all along: if we don't like it we can go the heck away.

Sorry for the sidetracking, but it is so interesting how things have come full circle here.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:19 PM   #44
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
...it is so interesting how things have come full circle here.
Indeed it is.

One thing of note, and people should be aware. In the current version of vBulletin, the admin can disable deletion of attachments and also disable [IMG] tags. So once uploaded, the attachment stays forever. A brief line in the TOS indicating that no uploaded files will be deleted without a court order would cover the site owner. This way, anyone wanting to upload photos would have no choice but to leave them until the admin decided to delete them.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:26 PM   #45
varnyard
You bet it is Kelli, just like when you said you would not be back, things change, this includes views. I mean look at you now, you are back and Rich's Mod, correct?

So I take it that a bunch of you agree with Rich, scammers and scum make great mods.

Enough said.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:36 PM   #46
KelliH
Quote:
You bet it is Kelli, just like when you said you would not be back, things change, this includes views. I mean look at you now, you are back and Rich's Mod, correct?
Yes Bobby, I decided to let bygones be bygones and continue to participate on a website that I have been a part of since it's inception. I have been a paid member here from the start, and I decided to support Fauna as I always have. I help out with modding when I need to, as I feel that instead of bitching about the goings on here, perhaps I could be part of the solution, rather than the problem.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:37 PM   #47
Griz
Sometimes it takes more of man to admit when they are wrong then to be a bull and simply lower one's head to get through the crowd. Admitting you're wrong is not a shameful act. It's actually one that takes great courage and often receives admiration. But, it's also a tough pill to swallow. I reckon if it was easy everyone would do it.

Griz

Old 06-01-2007, 11:41 PM   #48
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
I am done with this...I am out.
Are you Bobby? You've said it three times now.

Many of us would rather you stayed but I doubt anyone will beg you to do that, so...don't let the door hit your behind on the way out. It swings both ways and maybe you'll be back. Like you said, things change.

Good luck to you in your travels.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:42 PM   #49
critical bill
I don't think Bobby wants to leave, I think he wants to stay. I may be very wrong here but I think the deletion of his photos was more for someone to notice that he was leaving (ya know, slam the door behind ya and make some noise to let them know your going) and perhaps to begin some talk to persuade him to stay. He's put a lot of his time into helping folks in trouble here, educating folks in his area of animal expertise, and working to keep the site scam free. If it is just that as I've said, deleting the photos as a means to be noticed before he walked out the door, he's obviously got the attention of Rich which seems to be the person he most has a gripe with. I suggest that if Rich values Bobby's contributions as a member and wants him to stay that he and Bobby discuss the issues for Bobby that are a problem. I'm sure something can be worked out.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:48 PM   #50
KelliH
Quote:
Sometimes it takes more of man to admit when they are wrong then to be a bull and simply lower one's head to get through the crowd. Admitting you're wrong is not a shameful act. It's actually one that takes great courage and often receives admiration. But, it's also a tough pill to swallow. I reckon if it was easy everyone would do it.
Griz, you are so right.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread