FedEx drops the ball... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 09-05-2003, 11:16 AM   #1
E2MacPets
FedEx drops the ball...

So I placed an order to be delivered today....

If you check the tracking information you'll see they attempted delivery at 9:41am. I would love to know what that "attempt" consisted of, as I have been sitting reading a book in my living room (where the front door is) since 7:30am. Furthermore FedEx already was preauthorized to leave packages without a signature. The driver did not even follow procedure as far as leaving a note on the door, which leads me to believe he decided to simply skip over a few deliveries while running late.

I'm not happy....

Old 09-05-2003, 03:35 PM   #2
Wilomn
I had the same thing happen here two weeks ago. They were supposed to make a delivery to my house. My daughter was home until 2:30. Then she had to leave. I got home at about 5:30. There on my porch, sitting in the sunshine, it was only about 105 that day, was the box of snakes. When the shipper had checked on them that morning they showed as having been signed for before noon. HA.

Fortunately they were packed very well and were all OK but, I will NOT be using them in the future.

Wes Pollock

Old 09-05-2003, 04:06 PM   #3
Clay Davenport
I've received shipments from all the major shippers and while normally everything goes smoothly I have had issues with all of them at one point or another.
I believe it was FedEx that left a box containing snakes at my mailbox rather than the front door. I stayed up all day that day waiting on the package to arrive, going to the door every half hour or so just to make sure they hadn't left it without ringing the bell.
Later in the afternoon my son went outside to play and discovered the box sitting under my mailbox 2 feet from the road. There are large bushes behind the box which prevents me from seeing it from the house. Fortunately the snakes were fine, but that particular shipment had a little over $800 worth in it. Needless to say after it had sat for several hours in the sun I was very nervous as I opened it.

Airborne has misrouted packages delaying delivery for 3-4 days in some cases, and UPS has delivered boxes with big holes in them that have been taped over.
I've determined that if you have the misfortune of getting a delivery when the normal driver for that route is on vacation you stand a much greater chance of having problems. They also get in a bit of trouble if they run late, so Steven's assesment as to the cause of the mistake is most likely dead on.

Old 09-05-2003, 10:05 PM   #4
HerpVenue
I once ws waiting for a shipment with UPS.
They said they had a delivery attempt around 9 am
Funny thing is I was outside at the time and no UPS truck was anywhere in sight.

There was another time......I forget which delivery company.
But I had a note taped to my door that said Delivery was attempted at 10:45 am. Well I just came home from doing erands and looked at my watch. My watch said 10:15 am. It was 10:15 am all over my house.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!