Where to find a warehouse and costs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
keithy
Where to find a warehouse and costs

I am simply outgrowing my house with my collection and rodents. I have been looking into warehouse space. Any tips suggestions on how to find some space as well as an idea as to what the going rate is (I know it depends on city, location, etc.)?

Thanks

Old 06-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
FireStorm
Are you looking to rent or buy? I'm guessing zoning could be an issue, since we are talking about animals. The first step, IMO, is to find out where in your area an operation like yours will be allowed.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
keithy
I am looking to rent. I don't even know how to start looking for space? The warehouse space I have found is for heavy manufacturing.

Thanks!

Old 07-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
FireStorm
I think that is the problem you are going to run into. I suspect that most breeders own the space they use...convincing a warehouse owner to rent the space for you to keep reptiles seems unlikely. You might be better off finding property (I think zoned agricultural would work, but I don't know for sure about the laws in your area) and putting up a building.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
keithy
Alright, that is what I was afraid of!

Old 07-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
AbsoluteApril
zoning is a very good point.

Warehouse space, if you can find it for live animal breeding, can be quite pricey. Business space is generally a lot more than residentail. For example, in the Bay Area (it's pricey here) warehouse space can be anywhere from $0.50-$1.00/sq ft. Where I work we have 70,000+ sq ft warehouse and pay approx. $0.40/sq ft which includes the insurance, taxes and maintenance. just to give you an idea

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!