Inquiry James Cline - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
enharmonic
James Cline

I did a quick search on him in the BOI and on google and nothing popped up.

He has a snake labeled as a 2010 Sharp Dream Pastel Sunglow that he recieved directly from BoaBasement, and while I have no reason to doubt this (I have not directly contacted Doug to confirm, but will be doing so), it is still an incredibly low price compared to what I have seen these animals go for. Suspiciously low.

He is just BARELY out of my range to physically see the animal before deciding to purchase, so I am turning to you all to see if I can gather any information on this gentleman to make sure that this is a safe deal to pursue, and not just another scam.

Thank you!

Old 05-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
enharmonic
WARNING!!!

James Cline has been CONFIRMED AS A POSSIBLE SCAMMER!

Emails have been exchanged with Doug, and after checking his records, he has informed me that not only is there no record of the transaction, but, in fact, there couldnt possibly be a record because he held back every single Dreamglow for his own projects and did not sell any to anyone.

Beyond Dougs word, I have no further evidence that he is truly a scammer, but to all of those who read this post: Please be aware of the situation, and take precautions with this individual.

I will be notifying James of this thread, he does deserve a chance to defend himself, although Doug's word is more than enough for my personal descion on the matter.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
enharmonic
Here is a copy of email exchange.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
enharmonic
Doug Matuszak - Boa Basement (bbasement@att.net)Add to contacts12:47 PM To: Zach Maras

Sent: Sun 5/05/13 12:47 PM
To: Zach Maras (tsrexotics@live.com)

Hi Zach,
that ad is a complete lie. I still have all my Sun Dreams aka pastel sharp sunglows in my possession. This person is out to steal peoples money by using my name.
If you want to see the real Sun Dreams go to my YouTube page and watch “boa intro-part 1 and especially part 2 at the end of that video. My user name on YouTube is boabasement with no break in between.

Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2013 12:12 PM
To: bbasement@att.net

Good afternoon,

I am emailing you with an inquiry regarding the authenticity of a 2010 Dreamglow boa.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=395692

If the records still exist, can you please send me confirmation of this animals existence (is it truly a Dreamglow?) as well as proof that a transaction took place between you and the individual that has posted the advertisment.

Thank You,

Zach Maras
TSR Exotics
812-201-1043

Old 05-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
jbcline
HMM

I never said it was a sun dream. It is a pastel sharp sunglow produced by Doug.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #6
jbcline
Said pastel dream in ad as I havent seen Doug use any other pastel lines but can not claim it is a Dreamglow . So it is listed as a pastel dream sunglow

Old 05-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcline View Post
I never said it was a sun dream. It is a pastel sharp sunglow produced by Doug.
This is the first line in the ad. I see dream there.

Beautiful male sharp pastel DREAM sunglow.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
enharmonic
The add definitely says pastel dream.
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #9
jbcline
An Doug only uses PASTEL DREAM FROM JEFF THANKS

Old 05-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #10
jbcline
IT DOES NOT SAY DREAMGLOW

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!