Opinions on Neil's banning. - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 09-17-2002, 11:02 PM   #51
HerpVenue
Let me get this thread back to the topic at hand.

With No offense to anyone.

When and if I get banned....
I do not want long speeches and arguements.
I do not want polls or what you thinks?

All I want to see from you all are the words

SEE YA !!!  WOULDN'T WANNA BE YA !!!!
for if and when I get banned.....I am sure I desreved it.

Old 09-18-2002, 09:15 PM   #52
Gary Walsch
I just have one question Ritchie ........ How could you get banned ?  LOL

Gary Walsch
Sunshine State Reptiles

Old 09-18-2002, 10:11 PM   #53
AztecFred
I only have one thing to say: This thread on Neils ban has gone on for(Im my opinion) way to long.

Sals REFRESHING insight into football and especially THE RAIDERS was, though ill placed, a welcome relief to the sheer drudgery of talking about Neils ban. Neil broke the rules, the webslave banned him, end of story. WE must truly love him if we keep rehashing the why and wherefores. I say that this decision rests with Ritchie. Period. Sorry folks..but I seem to SEE things in(Grins)  BLACK AND WHITE!
               (Or was that Black and Silver?)

Thanks for reading,

Fred Albury
                    Rabid RAIDER FAN
                    AZTEC REPTILES

Old 03-11-2003, 01:19 PM   #54
MiLadyDragonn
Banning and football, what a combo!

~Regardless, I just want to clarify one issue which seems to have cropped up. I have NEVER stated that I did NOT think Rich's actions were unjust or unfair. I also, did NOT suggest that Rich should reverse his decision at any time. That would be overstepping boundaries. I have been clumped in with others who express their distaste for the "punishment", as such. Neil was warned and Rich followed through with his warning. That is to be expected and not up for vote. As I remember seeing, somewhere, (I believe it was also posted in one of my old boss's offices. )

"This is NOT a democracy....If anything, it is a benevolent monarchy."

~All the opinions I voiced were of the nature that it was not the deed but the manner in which so many people were dealing with it. No matter who the person is or how nasty they are proven to be, I just don't believe in going to verbal extremes (ie: name-calling, insults, etc. ) to get a point across. It can be done, equally as well, with a civil tongue and with a touch of compassion. Actually, is that not the more "human" way?
Yes, Yes, YES! You ARE entitled to your opinions. (and some appear more "entitled" than others ) but how you go about expressing it is what reveals your true self.

~So, my friends, maybe it IS the type of work I am involved in, or perhaps it is due to my own history as a for-real, Lovebead and sandal wearin', guitar playing, long haired, hippie/flower child....
(nope, don't smoke anything anymore) Maybe a combination of both..but I tend to lean towards just and fair treatment. Regardless of the "crime", I cannot bear to see man nor beast suffer at the hands of another being...especially repetitively! {And you are probably right, Neil is, most likely laughing rather than suffering....but it still does not condone the behavior witnessed throughout these threads. }

~That being said, I will now bow out, gracefully, and leave you all to your own devices. Please, do not generalize or "clump" me into any one category, male or female, publicly or privately. I would appreciate that tremendously. Although my interpretation of all this may have much in common with some of the women AND some of the men, I do not TOTALLY agree with any of them.
I can stand on my own soapbox quite well, thanks!

~You're right, Fred, what's done is done...and by the ONLY person with the right to do it! You know what they say about "too many chiefs..."

Old 03-11-2003, 03:12 PM   #55
herpcondo
A NEWBIES PRESPECTIVE

I AM A NEWBIE TO THIS BOARD, AND WHAT STRUCK ME MOST WAS THE WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE, AND PEOPLE WHO WERE WILLING TO SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. FIRST OFF I WANT TO SAY, I DON'T KNOW NEIL. WHEN I READ SOME OF THE POSTS ABOUT NEIL, I WAS AT LEAST A LITTLE SCARED OF THE WAY HE CONDUCTED BUSINESS. I WENT TO HIS SITE, AND ALL LOOKED GREAT, AND FAIR PRICES. EVEN FOUND A FEW THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE. BUT A SMALL VOICE IN THE BACK OF MY HEAD KEPT SAYING " NO, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR GONNA GET FROM HIM, AND MORE THAN THAT, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HE IS GONNA REACT IF THERE IS A PROBLEM" AND FOR ME THAT WAS ENOUGH TO STAY AWAY FROM HIM AND HIS ANIMALS. I THINK I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE THAT FEELS THIS WAY. HE MAY HAVE THE BEST ANIMALS ON EARTH, BUT I FEEL THE "PRICE" IS TO HIGH TO TAKE THE CHANCE TO DEAL WITH HIM. I WISH HIM THE BEST, AND EVERYONE ELSE I MEET IN THE HERP WORLD, BUT I THINK HIS POSTS HERE HAVE DONE MORE DAMAGE TO HIS BUSINESS THAN ANYTHING HE CAN SAY NOW, BECAUSE I KNOW FOR ME, SOME OF THE THINGS I HAVE READ IN HIS REPLIES ARE NOT "BUSINESS LIKE", AND I AM SURE HE WOULD NOT LIKE SOME OF THE THINGS HE SAID TO OTHER PEOPLE TO BE SAID TO HIS MOM, WIFE OR OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS. I MEAN WE ALL HAVE OPINIONS, BUT IS ANYONES REALLY MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOMEONE ELSES, ON A BOARD WHERE WE ARE ALL "CREATED EQUAL". I AM NEW TO THE HERP FAMILY AND I HOPE IN MY OWN WAY, I CAN ADD SOME THING POSITVE TO THE HERP WORLD, BUT I THINK NEILS TIME WAS UP, AND HE NEEDED TO GO.

Old 03-11-2003, 06:30 PM   #56
herpcondo
a reply to my post above.

To be fair to everyone who has looked at above post and to be fair to Neil, here is a letter i found in my email after my post and my reply is below the letter i recieved.
( sorry for the use of all caps, please forgive me)(( both above and below))

This is a message from Neil Gubitz at FaunaClassifieds Forums ( http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php ). The FaunaClassifieds Forums owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email Neil Gubitz, you can use this online form:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...orm&userid=840

OR, by email:
mailto:ngubitz@webtv.net

This is the message:

Joe.... you're absolutely correct!.... I screwed up, and I'm taking my punishment like a man, and NOT posting (even though I'm still able to).... but, as far as my customer service???.... I've had only THREE people who gave me quite a run-around, but, bottom line.... I made them ALL right!.... As I ALWAYS will.... all I ever asked of THEM, was to deal with me FAIRLY and I would give them the same respect.... they didn't at first, then they did, so I did.... it's as simple as that.... I hope you read my NEW guarantees???.... Since this thread began, I've shipped out 22 packages with NOT ONE complaint.... I would treat you the same way.... IF you ever decided to give me a CHANCE to PROVE IT TO YOU???.... If you do a search on me on the BOI.... you won't find ONE PERSON that hasn't been made right, and about ONE HUNDRED GOOD GUY POSTS!!.... That's a pretty good batting average.... Whether you do, or not.... please don't believe everything you read.... everybody flies off the handle every once in a while.... but, I STILL end up friends with them....

....Neil

HEY NEIL...

LET ME FIRST SAY,,, I DO STAND BY WHAT I PUT ON THE BOARD,,, HAVING SAID THAT, I WANT TO SAY,, AS I SAID, I WISH YOU NOTHING BUT THE BEST,,, BUT NEIL,,, DO YOU NOT THINK THAT THE WAY YOU USE SUCH A SHARP TONGUE HURTS YOU..? LIKE I SAID, I HAVE NEVER PURCHASED FROM YOU, AND I HAVE, A LONG TIME AGO BEEN IN YOUR STORE, I LIVED IN PLANT CITY ONCE UPON A TIME,,, AND FROM WHAT I REMEMBER, YOUR STORE WAS NICE, AND ANIMALS WERE KEPT IN GREAT CLEAN ENCLOSURES. HAVING SAID THAT, I JUST BELIEVE, HAVING SUCH A SHARP TONGUE HURTS YOUR BUSINESS,,,( MAYBE NOT, IT IS YOUR BUSINESS, ONLY YOU KNOW) BUT I DO KNOW THE WAY YOU ARE REPRESENTED ON THE BOARDS, AND THE POST I HAVE READ OF YOURS, ( YES, I DID LOOK AT YOUR WARNINGS, AND PAST POSTS OF YOURS) I DID NOT WANT TO BE UNFAIR TO YOU IN ANYWAY, SO I LOOKED AT EVERYTHING I COULD FIND ON THE BOARDS. I JUST FEEL LIKE IF THERE IS SMOKE THERE MUST BE FIRE. IN THE BUSINESS I AM IN WE STAND BEHIND OUR PRODUCTS 110% ( I AM IN THE YACHT BUSINESS) AND THAT IS WHAT I EXPECT FROM ANYONE I DEAL WITH. AND IN MY EYES, YOU ARE TO READY TO ARGUE, AND NOT DO THE RIGHT THING ASAP. YOU MAY BE DOING THE RIGHT THING AS YOU SEE IT, BUT AN UNHAPPY CUSTOMER WILL TELL 10 PEOPLE AND A HAPPY CUSTOMER WILL TELL ONLY 2. IT TAKES A LOT OF HAPPY CUSTOMERS TO MAKE UP FOR ONE WHO FELT LIKE HE WAS DONE WRONG. AGAIN, I WISH YOU THE BEST IN ALL YOUR ENDEVORS, AND HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND WHERE I AM COMING FROM..

THANKS,

JOE

Old 03-11-2003, 07:09 PM   #57
herpcondo
Yet another reply from Neil..

i made the 2 above posts,,, I stand by them, and here is yet another email from Neil directed to me.. ( iam not gonna reply to this one) (( no need, all that i needed to say has been said.))

Joe, I do understand, and I'm certainly not going to fault you for your
opinions.... I might disagree with what you say, but, I'll fight to the
death for your right to say it!.... I just feel you're being very
unfair!!.... You're using a bunch of comments that I said when I was
very upset, and you think that's my entire MO.... you couldn't be
further from the truth.... I'm going to be 51 years old in April, so
I'm
no kid.... I KNOW how to do business.... that's why I'm successful....
you can't get successful if you do it all wrong??.... Yes, I agree....
being from NY, I've got a hair-trigger temper when somebody calls me a
thief OR a liar.... I'm sorry, but, I just won't take that.... and, if
you actually read all those threads, you'll see that's the only time I
go a little nuts.... but, I'm not a hypocrite and I tell it like it
is.... maybe I'm TOO blunt.... but, I'm as honest as the day is
long!.... my animals are flawless, and my customer service before,
during, and after the sale, are superb!.... If I have to.... I could
type you out a list of over 300 very happy people.... but, I can only
give you 3 names of people it took me a couple of days to see my
error....
If you still decide to stick to your thread.... so be it, but, I know
myself, and it's nothing what you think.... or these KIDS drag out of
me....
read my guarantees below.... I didn't revise them, just to play games
when they're needed???

....Neil %>))

( Neils warranty was below in the email he sent me, i just didn't post it) .

Old 03-11-2003, 08:10 PM   #58
The BoidSmith
Joe,

Welcome! It's good to see new people join every day. One thing you may want to do is to sign your posts with your complete name. Otherwise they will be deleted soon.

Again, I'm glad you join this site!

Old 03-11-2003, 09:35 PM   #59
Glenn Bartley
Hey Jude,
(I always wanted to say that to a real bead wearing hippy)

Do you realize that you have resurrected a thread that was last responded to back in September 2002 - specifically this thread? Before you resurrection of this thread it shows no other posts since almost 6 months ago. What's up with that?

best regards,
Glenn B

Old 03-11-2003, 09:53 PM   #60
MiLadyDragonn
nope...didn't do it....

UHUH, glenn, I am not the one to bring this thread back to the light. I never knew it existed until this post on the "other" thread:

alvaro

The thread "opinions on Neil's banning" can be read at:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...hlight=banning.

In that thread the Webslave was quite clear as of what kind of behavior he expected from the members when he expressed:"""

~So, I checked it out to see if there really was a pattern. The threads were so much alike that I figured I could post on one as well as the other. This one could have been written last week for all the difference I could find.

~And you have NO idea how many times I have heard that one line to that particular song! LOL. The gang at the corner barbershop used to break out in chorus when I walked by...and it still makes me smile to this day. Ahhhh, the memories of peace, love, and soft guitar.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!