I have a shipment of animals that has never arrived. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 03-25-2004, 06:41 PM   #1
richard till
I have a shipment of animals that has never arrived.

For well over a year now a friend and myself have been awaiting animals that have not arrived.

For the sake of my friend who still hopes/believes he may recieve some of his animals I am going to break the deal down and discuss it here in many seperate parts-excluding his part for now.

Part one of my problem involves some animals I bought that were never shipped.These animals were 21 Bredles Pythons- I paid for these animals in late 2002 and was told that the paperwork was tricky but perfectly doable by both the exporter involved and the seller.As everybody knows these animals are Australian and hard if not impossible to ship but I was informed that being cbb many generations ,by a person I thought reputable , the paperwork was doable-I was also informed that the seller had moved these animals before without problems, legaly.

It was quite concerning therefore when five or six months later I recieved CITES permits for eleven Indonesian Carpet Pythons not twenty one Bredles,it was apparant to me immediately that to get my animals I would have to be prepared to break the law-I never applied for my import permit(I live in the United Kingdom).

Fortunately for me despite the amount of money involved I am lucky enough not to need to stoop this low to recoup my losses,smuggling is not acceptable to me and clearly I bought the animals under different terms and conditions.

Obviously this siituation proved unsatisfactory(along with the other situations developing along similar lines) and I complained and to this day have been led along with gibberish,none of which I have believed.

I have been doing my homework and also know who bought the animals full in the knowledge of this situation.

As I mentioned earlier this is just part one of what may prove to be a lenthy thread of many parts.

I will follow up this statement with the relevant names and further details but intend to let it stand for 24 hrs first to allow the guilty parties one last chance to settle.

I hope this is within the terms of the BOI?

Kind regards

Richard Till

Old 03-25-2004, 06:49 PM   #2
KNOBTAIL
RICHARD, You have basically told us

nothing! If I can assume that this is NOT a good guy post, then please provide some names, times, dates, etc.

Old 03-25-2004, 07:11 PM   #3
dumje
"I will follow up this statement with the relevant names and further details but intend to let it stand for 24 hrs first to allow the guilty parties one last chance to settle."

Patience KNOBTAIL. He said he will give names within 24 hours. He is really being a nice guy about this...giving the culprit 1 last chance.

Old 03-25-2004, 08:01 PM   #4
WebSlave
Unfortunately, however, a requirement of posting on the BOI is that the topic line must contain the name of the person or business this is about. So, off to the general business discussion forum this goes......

Old 03-25-2004, 08:13 PM   #5
richard till
I will restart the thread with the relevant names in the BOI tomorrow.

Old 03-25-2004, 08:34 PM   #6
KNOBTAIL
MICHAEL thats why I asked for the

information. The webmaster beat me to it.

Old 03-25-2004, 10:01 PM   #7
dumje
Thats cool Jerry

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!