Just to share some issues - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:01 AM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
Just to share some issues

...The full story up until a month ago more or less. Been adding as I find my scattered notes. I'm sharing to show the importance of obtaining a qualified HERP vet. Do not take chances with unqualified vets for serious issues. I did, and paid a hefty price. As did my beautiful girl.

Aurora's Abscess.doc ...Kinda large, but fills you in. And don't laugh at my mastery of the English language. I claim no fame. LOL

As of 3 days ago...
The doctor came by to do a check up, and really likes what he sees. It's been a long battle, but we are coming to a nice closure it appears.

The caudal portion and the cranial portion of the incision have both sealed shut with great accuracy. No sutures needed. The center and worst, where the most skin and necrotic tissue was removed has adhered well on the inside. I barely have room to even put sugar in there anymore.

Still going to need some time for the tissues and skin to regenerate themselves, but looks like the home stretch. She no longer splits open when being fed, and is putting a little weight back on.

Flat out like a lizard drinking...

Check this out ....

Not bad for a dumb white boy eh? Y'all don't know how happy this makes me.

Thanks for looking
Rick:

Old 07-28-2007, 11:01 AM   #2
hhmoore
That is actually looking pretty darned good, Rick. I'm happy to see that she is recovering so well. I'm sure it is a tremendous relief for you, too...I know how much she means to you.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:50 AM   #3
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
I'm sure it is a tremendous relief for you, too...
You have no idea. LOL I'm stoked right now.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:10 PM   #4
TheFragginDragon
Absolutely heart-wrenching Rich. There aren't many people who would go the lengths you did to save their pet. Too many fall short, taking a pet and then when trouble strikes, treating them like they are a piece of old furniture that's outlived it's usefulness. If there's a heaven, I'm sure there is a place already waiting for you there. Good Luck with her continued recovery.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:09 AM   #5
TheFragginDragon
So how is she doing so far Rick?

Old 10-08-2007, 10:53 AM   #6
Miss Tuniwha
Oh wow, that poor girl!!! she is beautiful, you have done so well!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 06:27 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
She's doing great! Vet came by and gave her the, "simply amazing how fast she healed" and we are back to normal. Got a big praise too. He say my snakes are the healthiest he's seen in this town, ever. Even when Aurora was sick, she was healthier than most he sees. (probably helped a lot) Pretty cool eh. And messed up too for the others. Which is what got me started rescuing in the first place.

But she's been given a clean bill of health, and back up to normal weight even. She's been active lately. She gets that way around breeding season the last 4 yrs running.

Thanks for asking!
Rick

Old 10-08-2007, 10:15 PM   #8
Golden Gate Geckos
I LOVE seeing/hearing success stories like this!!!!!!!

Old 10-09-2007, 06:53 AM   #9
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
I LOVE seeing/hearing success stories like this!!!!!!!
Me too. I'm hoping to experience one more success story before the end of this year. She's looking good so far though.

My latest rescue....

Thanks again folks!
Rick

Old 10-09-2007, 09:58 PM   #10
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Wow that is a great rescue story. That is wonderful she is recovering to that degree now. What a great thing you did, & care went into getting her better.
Good luck with your rescue efforts.

Tracie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!