What is everyone breeding/hoping to acquire in 06? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-31-2006, 08:15 AM   #1
norsmis
What is everyone breeding/hoping to acquire in 06?

What is everyone planning/already breeding this year? Anything out of the ordinary? Any black rat morphs? What are your plans for acquisitions this year?

Old 04-01-2006, 07:42 AM   #2
norsmis
I am looking to get more black rats and possibly a pair of Russian Rats. I have heard these guys are great to work with. Anyone working with them now?

Old 04-01-2006, 07:47 AM   #3
Traci1
I might try to pick up a pair of Baird's rats. I have a yearling pair right now, but they are siblings, so I'd like to get another pair unrelated to the first.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:07 AM   #4
norsmis
I love the Bairds but never worked with them personally. Good luck in your hunt!

Old 04-01-2006, 10:13 PM   #5
PaulSage
This past year I have been trying to reduce the number of "non-corn ratsnakes" that I'm keeping. The only ones that I am planning on continuing to work with are my Emoryi rat snakes, but my adults are all normals with the exception of a pair that is double het for chocolate and albino.

I have to admit though, that if the right pair of mandarin rats or coxi come along, that I might not be able to resist. We'll see. Also, I've seen a number of emory labeled as hypo here and there, but I don't know whether or not they are "true" or just intergrades with corns.

Old 04-01-2006, 10:27 PM   #6
norsmis
Yeah that would be a hard call to make. I have seen a few in adds here and there but questioned there purity myself.....

Old 04-02-2006, 02:09 PM   #7
norsmis
Anyone working with Asian species this year? I really miss my Taiwan's....

Old 04-07-2006, 03:41 PM   #8
norsmis
How about black rat snake morphs? Anything new this year (or hopes for)?

Old 04-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #9
mmitstif
I have not logged on in here in a while,so I thought I would drop in and see whats up.
I am breeding Leucistic black rats this year for the first time.They have 5 cops. in so far.
My Quad. Het. corns have also been breeding.They throw anery.A and B.,Blizzards,Amels.,Hypos,snows.and I may see some more morphs this year.
And lastly,I hope to breed my Trans pecos rats this year.I have a blonde female and a normal male.
My breeding project for next year is Piebald Ball Pythons.My female Het. is really turned on to food right now and should hit breeding weight by fall.

Old 04-08-2006, 05:52 PM   #10
norsmis
Hey Michael sounds like you are busy this year! Keep us posted on the breeding!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!