Safe water - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 02-16-2023, 08:58 PM   #1
panzerfreeman
Safe water

Hey everyone! I’m honestly not sure if this is the right forum for this or not but it’s worth a shot in any case. So I live just south of where a train derailment happened in Ohio. Maybe you’ve seen it on the news. Anyhow chemicals are being found in the river I live on but the water department says they are treating it to have them gone or harmless by the time it leaves the treatment plant. Personally I want to buy water but I’m not sure if it matters what I buy. I have reptisafe water treatment already but wanted to know if it mattered if I got spring water or distilled or whatever. I greatly appreciate the help. My tortoises, fish, skink, and cat would appreciate the help as well.

Old 02-16-2023, 09:26 PM   #2
Socratic Monologue
If you had been using tap water or dechlorinated tap water until now, then spring water would be the closest equivalent.

Distilled water would most likely complicate your aquarium parameters as it has no minerals in it at all. Distilled isn't a straightforwardly simple replacement for tap water, at any rate.

Old 02-16-2023, 09:28 PM   #3
panzerfreeman
Thank you very much! I really do appreciate it

Old 02-16-2023, 09:29 PM   #4
Socratic Monologue
No problem. Stay safe.

Old 02-25-2023, 11:56 AM   #5
JColt
The police dept I work at has been collecting water this week up until tomorrow and shipping down there. They are going to be giving residents multiple cases of water. Other area police and fire doing same. As of this morning we have 5 full pallets in our lobby.

Old 02-25-2023, 12:37 PM   #6
panzerfreeman
Oh wow! Thanks you! I’ll check it out

Old 02-28-2023, 02:48 PM   #7
JColt
Shipped this afternoon!

Old 02-28-2023, 02:57 PM   #8
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
If you had been using tap water or dechlorinated tap water until now, then spring water would be the closest equivalent.

Distilled water would most likely complicate your aquarium parameters as it has no minerals in it at all. Distilled isn't a straightforwardly simple replacement for tap water, at any rate.
Interestingly enough Connie and I have been drinking distilled water for years now. We get our tap water from our own well, and there is a noticeable "sludge" left over after the distillation process. Certainly a lot of limestone in the water from our well causing the majority of that sludge, since this area is riddled with limestone which the ground water flows through.

Old 03-01-2023, 06:20 PM   #9
panzerfreeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Shipped this afternoon!

Thank you! I had to work all day but they let my dad get it for me! I really appreciate it!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!