Need help in Southern California - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #1
Roxie
Need help in Southern California

Hey all.. I've posted here for years, under a different sn. So I know there are some great people on here. Hoping I can get some help as I am in a bit of a predicament. Due to a mishap this spring I was forced to move myself and my 4 kids to my parents house.. fun.. Very grateful that we are able to stay here, but none of our furred or scaled family members are allowed. Anyhow my ex-landlords stepped up and housed my reptiles for me so I wouldn't have to give them up. However they are not reptile people and are tired of my collection... so now I am forced to try to quickly find someone else to care for them for me until I am able to acquire housing for my family. I am in the high desert near Victorville and can help transport them. I have cages and heating. I also have a chest freezer with frozen feeders. I will pay for utilities used by my babies as well as their food. If you have room and are willing to help out a fellow herper down on her luck let me know! I need to find someplace asap.....

my collection is down to:
1 stack of 4 3x2x1 boaphiles containing:
Adult Chihuahua Mountain king male
Juvi corn snake
sub-adult redtail boa, when rescued told was female
adult pair of western hognose snakes

2nd stack of boaphiles:
top cage is split - pair of leopard geckos one side and single male on other
juvi rough scale sandboa female
sub-adult ball python
adult mexican black king male

20 gal terr with pair of skunk geckos

10 gal terr with lone armadillo lizard

shoeboxes with:
6 baby kenyan sandboas
1 baby corn
1 baby millk
1 baby mexican black king

also have a colony of mealies for leos

Thanks...

Rox
herpin_rox at hotmail.com

Old 09-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #2
Roxie
Nobody can help? Please, they want them out this weekend.. I dont want to have to get rid of a decade of work and love...

Old 10-04-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
T and J's Corns
Roxie.. I am sorry I never seen this a lot earlier, I am in the general area.. The only thing I might have been able to help you with for a while was the smaller coloubrids.. The corns, milks and kings I might have been able to deal for a short time.. Unfortunantly I am fairly busy most of the time and rarely check in here..

I hope that everything has worked out for you.. If you have had to sell of your group I am sorry, and can understand your disappointment in having to do so..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Old 10-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #4
Roxie
Tim thanks so much for the repsonse. I did thankfully find an awesome family to foster for me til I get things situated.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:39 PM   #5
T and J's Corns
Sometimes I am able to give a lending hand for a short while, and if I noticed this thread a while back I might have been able to help for a short time.. I am glad things seem to be working out for you..

OTR... I am about 45 miles away in an HDC..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Old 10-06-2008, 11:48 PM   #6
Roxie
Things are going pretty good for me and family right lately. I may even be able to get into a place and get my herps back within the month. Fingers crossed lol.. 45 miles? hmm... closer than I had to drive to take my babies to the family that is fostering them.
On a side note... do you do much field herping here in SoCal? I didnt get to get out this year, obviously had a bit on my plate, but looking for other locals to herp with next year. Is nice to know of other reptile lovers nearby, for so long felt I was all alone!

Old 10-07-2008, 11:20 PM   #7
T and J's Corns
I have not got out to do much field herping.. I usually road cruise, I have not seen much for the last few years.. I think the compitition for rodents with the coyotes has been in the coyotoes favor for the last few years.. Maybe next year things will turn around..

There are a few really good people around your parts that do a lot of field herping.. I think they are involved with the San Diego Reptile group though..

Hopefully all turns around for you and you get your group back..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Old 05-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #8
Roxie
Know this is an ollld thread, but just to update that the 'great family' turned out to be complete jerks. They stole everything. Acted like they wanted to help and then refused to return emails, told me they couldn't help when I called, the wife told me I would have to speak to her husband who was never there. Then refused to return calls. ohh I hope Karma bites them in the ***. Thanks jerks if you come across this. You stole a decade of work, a decade of my love poured into my herps and several $1000 in cages alone. Kicking myself for not pressing charges, but guess they should be happy I was caring for a newborn and 3 older children while trying to pick up the pieces of my life....

Old 06-01-2011, 03:43 AM   #9
reptiguy909
im sorry to hear that roxanne. people these days are caniving and backstabbing........ that is the worst thing people can do is steal others belongings and still be able to look at themselves......on another note........ my names randy, r u still looking for a field herpin friend? i love to do it but have no one to go with. i live in san bernardino but used to live in hespria off of arrowhead lake road.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!