My first dragon!(no pictures:() - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-07-2005, 06:45 AM   #1
neatochickens27
My first dragon!(no pictures:()

Howdy!I just got my first baby beardie.Its a girl and i named her mystery, from the spongebob episode =P. She seems to be doing good and pooped once but not eating yet.I just got her yesterday so i figured id give her some space and see what happens.But anyway shes been walking in circles and gaping her mouth, not at me...just when i see her and she dosent know him there.When i come in she stops.What this mean?Is she just tryingot show dominance in her new living space?Thanks for any help you can give me!

Old 11-07-2005, 02:57 PM   #2
neatochickens27
And another question.I cant seem to get her to eat crickets, but she loves the mealies.I dont feed vast ammounts at one time..i fed her about 3-4 in like 5 minutes.I giver her a minute for it to go down.Is this okay?..or can this cause impaction?Thanks again

Old 11-07-2005, 06:04 PM   #3
Matt Haines
Gaping can be a sign of overheating and she needs to vent the heat. Run a shallow pool of water in your sink and place her in it to drink. What size crickets have you tried feeding her? If she is under 6 inches you should feed her crickets that are about 1/4" long.

What size mealies are you feeding her and how long is she?

Old 11-07-2005, 08:06 PM   #4
neatochickens27
Ok yeah, i check the surface temp on her rock and it was a little high.I moved the lamp up a bit and it seems to be good now.Shes well over six inches.The lady i bought her from said she was already eating 3/4 inch, but I bought a bunch of 1/2 just incase.She seems to ignor them..maybe theyre too small for her.Ill keep feeding them and see if she accept them in a coupple days.As for the mealies, I'd say theyre less than 1/2 inch.Dosent seem to have any problems ingesting them at this point.

Old 11-07-2005, 08:40 PM   #5
Matt Haines
Give me a rough estimate of how long you think she is or if you have a ruler then try to measure her.

Old 11-07-2005, 10:29 PM   #6
neatochickens27
Hmm, from head to tail..a little over a foot.Head to vent..maybe 6-8 inches?And i really think my temps a screwed..she keeps acting weird.What are the temps you recommend..night and day?

Old 11-07-2005, 10:55 PM   #7
Matt Haines
I would recommend you take a look at http://www.dachiu.com/care/care.html and read it thoroughly. It is very good information that you need to know. Also, at a foot long it should probably be able to eat 3/4 inch crickets. Just make sure that the length of any live food you give it does not exceed the distance between the dragon's eyes.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:00 PM   #8
neatochickens27
Thanks for your help

Old 11-07-2005, 11:02 PM   #9
Matt Haines
Anytime. Feel free to ask questions whenever you are in need.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!