R.I.P. Bambi 5/17/02-2/2/07 - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:39 AM   #11
barbie69
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie69
I am so sorry for your loss and that your daughter has had to experience it as well. I took a class in nursing school about death and dying and ended up doing a project on childrens books written for children on this subject and some of them were AWESOME! If you are interested in them you should check out your local library web-site and see if you can reserve a couple. You should be able to find at least one that would be age appropriate for your daughter. I don't have my project here at work but I will be sure to look at home and if I find it I am sure I can recommend something. Take care.
Somehow I did not realize how young your daughter was so a lot of the books were first grade and up but I did find 2 books I listed as pre-K. They were "I Had A Friend Named Peter" by:Janice Cohn D.S.W. and "It Must Hurt A Lot" byoris Sanford. They both take you through the stages of grief at a small childs level and both are about the loss of a dog. They might be worth picking up if you like to read to her.
Your dog was very beautiful and I can see she was loved very much.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:42 AM   #12
barbie69
Okay well I am not sure how that smiley got in there, it was not there in the post preview..
..it should read by: Doris Sanford

oh I see it now, I put the : too close to the D in Doris and it made the smiley..sorry

Old 02-03-2007, 10:52 AM   #13
techgirl
Thank you so much Ann. I will look into those books. My daughter spent the night at the in-laws so I could have some time for myself to deal with everything that happened. Thank God for that because I really needed it, plus I only got 3 hours of sleep and have to work today. Hopefully I can leave early because I'm still nauseous and have a lingering migraine from yesterday. My in laws printed some pics of Bambi for me to frame, I'll be picking them up today.

Old 02-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #14
Dragondad
Jessica, as I told you in the PM, I am sorry for your loss. I know words cannot explain or replace the joy that you have missing now. I know the closeness an dog brings to a person, and very hard to replace. Remember your friends are with you.

Old 02-04-2007, 09:40 PM   #15
techgirl
Thank you Michael. I managed to get in touch with the breeder. We are going to bury some of her ashes there. She has a memorial garden where Bambi's relatives from the U.S(she was a Finnish and American Champion) are buried. It will help me deal with this some. I still am going to need some time to accept this. Definitely no canine additions for awhile. I can't deal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!