WC Gravid Females - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-10-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
SPJ
WC Gravid Females

I figured I'd take a gamble since the price was right for a nice looking female and being gravid would be a bonus.

Anyone ever dealt with a WC gravid female BP?
Success or duds?

Old 01-10-2007, 07:04 PM   #2
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I know others have done well with them~ but the one time I tried it convinced me to not try it again. She was a real beauty~ very light mahogany colored~ I was very excited about her. She obviously was too stressed ~ dropped ugly, nasty eggs that she must have been holding too long, I was new at all of this and did not realize she was holding yet another egg~ she became egg bound and began oozing puss from her cloaca~ she was so weak I didn't see much hope for her...... I finally euthanized her and swore never to do that again.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #3
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I know others have done well with them~ but the one time I tried it convinced me to not try it again. She was a real beauty~ very light mahogany colored~ I was very excited about her. She obviously was too stressed ~ dropped ugly, nasty eggs that she must have been holding too long, I was new at all of this and did not realize she was holding yet another egg~ she became egg bound and began oozing puss from her cloaca~ she was so weak I didn't see much hope for her...... I finally euthanized her and swore never to do that again.
Oh wow. I had considered the possibility of duds but eggbound............I hadn't thought of that scenario. Sorry to hear you had to put her down.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
The BoidSmith
Did anyone see gravid females offered this past season? Who has them? They were fairly common a couple of years ago.

Regards.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #5
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Did anyone see gravid females offered this past season? Who has them? They were fairly common a couple of years ago.

Regards.
They are around. I know of some 3000 plus gram ones still waiting to be snatched up. Just don't look at KS (prices are too high on there ).

Old 01-10-2007, 07:57 PM   #6
Wilomn
Back in the long ago, I used to buy them regularly. I don't recall ever having a problem with any of them and we got some damn fine babies. This was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy before the morph craze though so it was just a good way to get fat healthy babies.

I think back in 88-90 I paid about 60.00 each for them. Used to pay more for gravid Fla. Kings, they were 75.00-125.00.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:42 PM   #7
Cat_72
I've seen a few around, and have been toying with the idea of picking one or 2 up....just for the fun of seeing if anything interesting pops out. The prices really seem to vary, but nowhere near the $60.00 range, lol....but really not that much higher than the same size CB females that aren't gravid that you see for sale. Just not sure how all of the stress will affect the eggs?

Old 01-10-2007, 11:14 PM   #8
The BoidSmith
No, actually I'm not planning on purchasing any. It was just out of curiousity as I didn't see that many ads around this past season.

Thanks.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:59 PM   #9
PythonWallace
There's a seller at the Wheaton IL shows that has some nice fatties for $200 I believe, treated only for external parasites. Around 3,000g.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:41 PM   #10
Larry Suttles
Has anybody had luck with these WC gravid girls reproducing again in captivity?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!