Hi. My name is ..... - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:20 AM   #31
DAND
And then there was three.....
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #32
DAND
Two more......
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2010, 08:26 AM   #33
DAND
And everyone's favorite.....
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #34
DAND
And a straggler......
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2010, 11:05 PM   #35
LauraB
Excellent, Dave! Loved 'em all - thanks for taking the time You have some awesome spiders & scorps

And in the same spirit of preserving those special molting moments as you've done, here's a Cicada "rebirth". (I didn't crop them very well, sorry)
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2010, 11:06 PM   #36
LauraB
and the final 2 of that series
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #37
LauraB
PS - LOVE that dragonfly nymph .. really good shot!

Old 07-29-2010, 12:41 AM   #38
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
PS - LOVE that dragonfly nymph .. really good shot!

Thanks Laura. One of these days I'll have to get me a better camera which will allow me to get a lot more pics. I see so much just in my back yard alone that I miss with the limitations of my current camera. The dragon and damsel flies and the variety of other bugs that are just beyond the reach of my current camera's zooming ability are just waiting to be captured and shared. I just may have to grab one before I go on my bug hunting trip next month. (Me and a couple friends are going to head out on a 10 day or so trip to Texas, New Mexico and maybe Arizona if possible just to hunt bugs. I'm sure there will be plenty of photo opportunities just waiting for me. )

Old 07-29-2010, 01:11 AM   #39
Utta
Wow Daveness, thanks for all the great pics!

Old 07-29-2010, 01:12 AM   #40
LauraB
Quote:
I see so much just in my back yard alone that I miss with the limitations of my current camera
Yep - but remember, even if your camera can't record it, you aren't missing it - you see it, you appreciate it; so many people don't even take the time to really see the "little" things right in their own backyard. All the photos I posted are from my own property - it's amazing what one can see if they just think "small"
Quote:
Me and a couple friends are going to head out on a 10 day or so trip to Texas, New Mexico and maybe Arizona if possible just to hunt bugs. I'm sure there will be plenty of photo opportunities just waiting for me.
Oh, lucky you! Can't wait to see the shots! Tucson was where I encountered my very first Black Widow - it was a lose/lose for both of us; I inadvertently stepped on her in my backyard shed; she bit me. I lived, she did not, LOL.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!