Adult spiny tail pic - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-04-2005, 04:50 PM   #1
bud mierkey
Thumbs up Adult spiny tail pic

Check this spiny tail out he has great colors.
He is pretty tame but too fast to be let off the leash out side.
His number one treat is super worms!

Old 11-05-2005, 01:45 AM   #2
varnyard
Well I am glad to see it!! Now that makes two of us that know for a fact that the spinytail iguanas do infact get tame!! I have posted this on other sites about how tame they get. This is one of the reasons I say you cannot believe everything you read. Everything I have read says that they are not good pets and are not able to tame, which is not even close to the truth. The one in my avatar is also tame as a dog. It just makes me wonder where they get their information. Or are they just getting their ideas from others that don't have a clue when they wrote about them to start with. There are many things I have seen in books that are far from the truth. I read books and weigh them with a grain of salt. You think just because it is in a book, that it is true, but sometimes it is far from the facts. Just keep in mind everyone can write a book, but there is a big difference in the so called facts written in some books and years of experience.

Old 11-05-2005, 06:18 AM   #3
bud mierkey
exactly!

Spinys even live in a group ok.
I have a trio 2 males one female.
Mine were wc as a babies and they are nice and tame letting you pet them or hand feed them the female laid slugs last year but they are older now
fingers crossed she will lay viable egss this time.
people that cannot tame a spiny have not tried too hard or the lizard was too old to agust to captive lfe.

Here is a pic of him talkin smack or hissing he does it now and then.

Old 11-06-2005, 01:01 AM   #4
varnyard
Cool looking spiny!!! Here are some pictures of the tame male I had for a long time. You can tell by the pics just how mean he was!

Old 11-06-2005, 08:31 AM   #5
bud mierkey
Cool spiny

Is he a florida specimen?
They are underated I agree 100%.
cool

Old 11-14-2005, 02:06 AM   #6
varnyard
To tell you the truth, he was a rescue from a pet shop. So I know nothing of his background. They had him in a 20 tall tank with baby spinich to eat. I just could not stand to leave him there. I had them thoughts going through my mind of seeing him a few weeks later in real poor condition. He was an adult as seen in these pictures as well. I just had to get him out of there.

Old 11-14-2005, 05:19 AM   #7
bud mierkey
Thumbs up good deal.

I bet he is glad he got a good home.

Old 11-14-2005, 09:58 PM   #8
varnyard
Hey Bud, would you like a female? Just for the shipping cost? Here is a pic.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y1...otospiny004.jpg
Let me know, Thanks Bobby

Old 11-15-2005, 03:49 PM   #9
bud mierkey
Thumbs up the link did not work

nice offer bobby.
pm me with the cost.
if you want i can always use another female.

Old 03-10-2020, 11:40 AM   #10
Michael nott
Do you have any spiney tailed for sale still if you do please message me I’m super interested in them?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!