Need Help with fun company name! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:07 PM   #1
raiquee
Need Help with fun company name!

Hello,

Looking at restarting our business, and need help with a company name. I want something fun and fresh! Doesn't need to tie my name in it, but it would be cool if I could. I don't want it based on location, as we plan to move

Also, I will be keeping various things, but mainly ball pythons and geckos of assorted species.

My name is Desire' Sommers.

One that keeps sticking in my head is Desisaurus Gex, but it is kinda one sided to geckos. That, and I'm not sure it may be to "playful" to be on the side of childish.

Any suggestions guys? I am sure there is plenty of creative people here!

Old 05-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
MDC_Ophiuchus
What kind of business? breeding/selling reptiles?

IMO, the 'Desisaurus Gex" thing is a bit of a mouthful. You want something that rolls off the tongue a little better. Also, you say you want something fun..but what is your target clientel? Kids / noobs to the hobby? or the more "pro" crowd that is willing to spend more $$?

It might be interesting to play on your name a little. Same spelling, different meaning; i.e. desire as in to want or yearn for something.

Just throwing some out:

Desirable Geckos
Desirable Reptiles
Geckos of Desire
Spot-On Geckos (referencing the term "spot-on" meaning, "exactly","correct" or "right on the money"; i.e. "those geckos are spot-on!")

Old 05-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
What I like to do when I help clients with this sort of thing is to take a handful of keywords that come to mind relating to they themselves or their business and then mixing and matching until I have a couple options.

DESIRE: admiration, ambition, appetite, ardor, attraction, craving, craze, devotion, fancy, frenzy, inclination, infatuation, lasciviousness, love, lust, passion, rapture, yearning

Rapture Reptiles
Reptiles of Rapture
For the Love of Reptiles (I think this ones cute)
Summer's Desire Reptiles

Just a few examples.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #4
raiquee
Thanks for the ideas guys! My target audience would be more pro-oriented, as I will be dealing with morphs of ball pythons and the like.

It would be CBB and selling reptiles. No importing or exporting.

I do like your idea of Desirable Reptiles, even though I hate when people call me Desire instead of Desire' haha! Rapture Reptiles is very cute too! I like the "For the love of Reptiles" but I wonder if it's too long?

Thanks for the neat ideas guys, I am still mulling over it at night

Anyone else?

Old 05-27-2009, 06:54 PM   #5
TripleMoonsExotic
For the Love of Reptiles has the same amount as syllables as mine does.

Make sure you run searches on whatever your considering before you commit. You don't want a conflicting name that could get you confused with someone else.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
Sommers Serpents ( i realize youll have geckos too... but this just sounds cool!)

Old 05-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #7
Tiger Lilly
Well, Lilly' got Balls is taken...
How about All Season Reptiles? A take-off on your last name of Sommer.
Sorry, still waking up....

Old 06-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #8
rabernet
Good luck on picking your company name - it took me forever to pick mine out - but once I did - the name was great to work with and design the site around! I actually had started out as Diamond Morphs (still own the domain name), but it just seemed like a name that wasn't memorable and too "generic" if you will. When I was talking to a good friend, I mentioned that my available page would be called "The Nest" as a play on my first name. She said that she really thought I should re-name my site Robin's Nest Reptiles.

It fits perfectly for me - I found someone to design my vision of my logo (it's my avatar) and got with a web designer who's work I really liked and I think that the three of us came up with a site and business name that's perfect for me!

I wish the same success for you in the quest for your business name!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!