My 2 new ATBs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-25-2005, 09:53 PM   #1
Karen Hulvey
My 2 new ATBs

Here's a pic of the ATBs I bought on Feb. 13 at a show. The one in the water dish had mites and they were both supposed to be females and are males but other than that they're great snakes. Eat like little piggies too.
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2005, 11:35 PM   #2
coralluscrazy
those r some NICE looking amazons.how much did u buy them for.they look like gardens and one had mites.sorry for being nosey but i jut would like a good deal or i would be mad.even though mites r the worst thing and is easy to fix.any nice looking ammies.DROOL!!!!!hehe

Old 02-26-2005, 12:10 AM   #3
Karen Hulvey
Thanks for complimenting my new snakes.

I don't care if someone is nosy, you never know if you don't ask.....

I bought them for $30 each. That's why I'm not really griping about the mites and wrong sexes, etc. I mean it's partly my fault about the sexing being wrong. If I'm going to be in this hobby, then I need to learn to probe which I am learning now. I took care of the mites and I treated both of them because they were near each other the whole way home.

I bought these from two different sellers. The first seller had them listed for $30 on his website which I checked out the day before the show. I get to the show and he has them for $45. I offered him $30 and he took it.

Old 02-26-2005, 12:38 AM   #4
coralluscrazy
that is a great price.i would pay that for them two.only $60 for the two is a good price even if they had mites and wrong sex.with baby amazons it is hard to probe babies.i have heard since they r soo skinny and britle that u can kill them if u probe them befroe they r 1 year of age.again though i hope they do great and live long happy lives with u.it is also a good thing that they r eating.well hope they do great!!!

Old 02-26-2005, 12:40 AM   #5
coralluscrazy
actually they look to be about old enough to probe!!hehe nevermind wut i said about the probing them two in the other post.lol

Old 02-26-2005, 12:47 AM   #6
Karen Hulvey
I don't know how old they are. They're eating hopper mice so they're definitely not babies. My friend probed them w/no problem. The guys at the show tried to pop them but my friend who probed them said you can't pop ATBs unless they're little babies.

I have 1.1 older ones. The female is 6' long and the male is about 5'. I think my female is gravid. Hehe, Hopefully I'll know what newborns look like. Of course, I'll post pictures if she has babies. I've bred sand boas but these guys are a LOT different than sand boas.

Old 02-26-2005, 06:09 AM   #7
Lucille
They are fine looking snakes, Karen.
(btw I like your new avatar, too).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!