The turtleshack.com link at the top of Turtles/Tortoises Classifieds is malware - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-24-2021, 08:37 PM   #1
TheDJV
The turtleshack.com link at the top of Turtles/Tortoises Classifieds is malware

Clicking on the turtleshack.com vendor link at the top of the forum results in a redirect and malware that tries to trick you into changing your search provider.

Old 07-24-2021, 09:30 PM   #2
bcr229
Moved to Feedback.

I can't open the site as my browser (Chrome) immediately closes it. So, it's probably a "dirty" site.

Old 07-24-2021, 10:06 PM   #3
TheDJV
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Moved to Feedback.

I can't open the site as my browser (Chrome) immediately closes it. So, it's probably a "dirty" site.
Yes - In Firefox it takes you to a pop up that subversively tries to change your search provider. That advert should be taken down.

Old 07-25-2021, 12:32 AM   #4
WebSlave
I was trying to figure out who owned that sponsorship here months ago, and never was successful in figuring it out. The moderators did help me track down a name associated with the domain, but unfortunately, I just forgot about it and dropped the ball, I guess because other things pushed it to that back burner that I never look at.

But in any event, regardless of who owns it, I just took it down by disabling it from being visible. If someone yelps about it going away, then I'll know who it belongs to. If not, well, it can't be accessed by anyone any longer, unless they saved a direct link to it or something.

So, no telling what happened concerning the domain name, but for whatever reason, such links cannot remain on this site if they go to a site with malicious coding on it. So if anyone sees such a thing, please let me know and ask me to NOT drop the ball on something like this.

Speaking of which, auditing the sponsorships is a real pain in the butt, so I don't do it nearly as often as I should. I only recently started making notes of such sponsorships if the info provided in the link or domain name is not self evident as to who owns what. But I am sure there are more old ones there that have long lapsed and I just haven't made the effort to figure it out.

So if someone has a sponsorship here and lets it lapse, with no intention of renewing, please help me out and have the courtesy to contact me about it so I can try to keep things up to date with stuff like that. Yeah, people can get free advertising with their sponsorship, sometimes for months because of my laziness (hey, I am an old retired guy, so give me a break!). Just the way it goes, I guess.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
malware, scam, theif, virus