Karma System - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:38 PM   #1
Junkyard
Karma System

A thought came to mind a couple of days ago. I know the Karma System is set up so a person is allowed to give out two karma for a 24 hour period(due in part to the aggressive abuse of the rep system last year). Which I don't mind much at all, so this is just a suggestion. I am not always on Fauna at the same time everyday, sometimes I am only on for maybe a few minutes. When I can get on in the evening yesterday and give out karma, I may only be able to get on this site today in the morning and not be allowed to give out karma. So I having to wait another day to go back and give karma to someone who deserves it. With my memory, I have a hard time trying to even remember who I wanted to give karma to a couple of days ago and where that post is hidden. So my question:

Can we have the Karma System set for two karma per 12 hour period?

Old 05-31-2006, 12:57 PM   #2
A_Kendergirl
I'm sure it's possible, the question is, will he do it?

Old 05-31-2006, 03:10 PM   #3
HerpLuver
I dont even understand the Karma system to be honest with you.

Like i'll see people that have like 10 green bars, but a karma power number less than mine. As you can see, my green bars are low.

What i had wondered is, do you get more bars from people with a higher karma rating? How does that go?

I dont give out karma often, only because i usually only do when i think its an exceptionally good post thats highly informative and on point. Plus, i usually forget there's even a button that says i can give karma. LoL!

Old 05-31-2006, 03:41 PM   #4
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Kendergirl
I'm sure it's possible, the question is, will he do it?
Sorry, but the system is written for the limiter in 24 hour segments. It cannot be changed to a 12 hour period without custom programming. Which quite honestly, I can't see spending the money to implement.

As it exists now, I think it is working effectively to reduce the abuse that ran rampant a while back. People do not give out the karma points as frivolously since they are limited to just two per 24 day.

No, it's not perfect at all and I still get instances of some members abusing it, but I guess it will have to do for now.

Old 05-31-2006, 05:47 PM   #5
Junkyard
Well if changing it would cost money then I see no reason to bother with it. Thanks for the explanation.

Old 05-31-2006, 05:56 PM   #6
LeosForLess
This is a little off topic, but i think that a name should be required on the Karma System. I had gotten a negative karma(or red one i dont really know how it works) and i really didnt deserve it. So i think it wold be nice so you could contact the person and try to sort it out. Just a thought.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:16 PM   #7
WebSlave
If you were a Contributor member or above, you would be able to see who posted the Karma points on you.

Old 05-31-2006, 08:45 PM   #8
LeosForLess
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
If you were a Contributor member or above, you would be able to see who posted the Karma points on you.
LOL well maybe i should boost up. Guess you have a fix for everything.

Old 06-01-2006, 01:08 AM   #9
hhmoore
The only problem with knowing who gave you negative Karma is that the temptation is there to give it back. I recently got my first red mark, and it was for a very benign post...just that the person was upset with me for something else. I'll even admit to being tempted to return the favor...but when I looked at his subsequent posts (even though I took issue with the content) I realized that if it were anybody else's post I wouldn't bother. Sucks to be a grownup sometimes, lol. (that wasn't aimed at you, LeosForLess)

Old 06-01-2006, 09:50 AM   #10
HerpLuver
Did everyone miss my question in my previous post?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!