Vote of confidence - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: Are the paid memberships a benefit to the usefullness of the BOI?
Yes, the paid memberships are helping the BOI. 24 96.00%
No, they are restricting input far too much. 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2006, 01:59 AM   #11
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Yep, I understand what you are saying, but if there is, or has been, an already known problem with false and multiple registrations, do you sincerely believe that I allow members participating in the BOI Good Guy Certification program to be at their mercy? Anyone with a bone to pick with one of the participants could just register as many times as necessary, vote negatively on their Traders Rating, and get them kicked out of the GGC program. Does that sound fair to you? Perhaps you didn't realize that the Traders Rating also determines the status of someone in the GGC program?
I didn't realize they were attached, but thought that the trader rating would have been easier to manage, as it is different than the GGC, in that you have to actually be a customer to do a trader rating. To me the trader rating was a quick picture of actual business dealings, whereas the GGC is more of an "overall" rating.

Old 03-21-2006, 02:35 AM   #12
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebreeder
I didn't realize they were attached, but thought that the trader rating would have been easier to manage, as it is different than the GGC, in that you have to actually be a customer to do a trader rating. To me the trader rating was a quick picture of actual business dealings, whereas the GGC is more of an "overall" rating.
No that is not true at all. Although it is suggested that only actual customers engage in using the Trader Ratings, it cannot feasibly be enforced. How could it be? Suppose I created a fake member ID here and went to your trader rating and falsely accused you of a negative transaction. Could you prove it was bogus? Heck I can make up a fake invoice in a heartbeat with your name on it and say you are lying about the deal to protect yourself. Suppose I then registered 10 more times using different IP addresses and unique hotmail accounts just so I could get you booted out of the program. Wouldn't cost me a dime to do so, so why not? It would quickly turn into a "he said, she said" argument that really couldn't be proven either way. And I VERY DEFINITELY do not want to get in the middle of those kinds of disagreements, which most certainly would happen without the controls I put into place.

Anyway, since the GGC certification does hinge on this rating, it appeared to me to be irresponsible to allow falsely registered members here to damage someone's rating at will.

Just a FYI, the GGC eligibility hinges on BOTH the Trader Rating AND the Certification Poll returning a non negative value when tested with the automated script. If either one returns a negative TOTAL, then that participant loses his/her standing in the program. Yes, I could have simplified it quite a bit by only using one or the other polling mechanism, but each of the two had advantages that I did not want to give up solely for the sake of simplification.

Hope that explains it a little better.

Old 03-22-2006, 01:12 AM   #13
Laura Fopiano
I would have never paid my membership if I thought for a second that it didn't hold any value to the BOI. That was my intoduction to fauna and because of it became more actively involved in this sight.
Stay the course Rich, not everyone will be happy all the time, but the BOI can be quite the preschool of adults with the pay to play program....the alternative would be much worse........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!