Stop Taking Endangered Reptiles out of Their Habitat! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 12-27-2020, 03:19 PM   #1
pfds31
Stop Taking Endangered Reptiles out of Their Habitat!

I've seen many fresh imports from different countries just for the hobby. It makes me wonder why do people stake them out of the wild and illegally import them from country to country. If this keeps up turtles such as the spiny hill turtle and the most heavily trafficked turtle in the world the Asian box turtle. Will go extinct in the wild. Stop taking all animals of their habitat just for the hobby and the money.

Old 12-28-2020, 04:32 PM   #2
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfds31 View Post
money
For those who don't love reptiles, and respect the law, money is persuasive. And the more they do it, the rarer the critters get, which means more money for smugglers. Ethical procuring of livestock just isn't an incentive for them.

Old 12-28-2020, 06:30 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
Moving this to the discussion forums

Old 12-28-2020, 06:31 PM   #4
pfds31
I see what you're saying.

Old 12-28-2020, 06:40 PM   #5
pfds31
How do I move this to discussion forms never done it?

Old 12-28-2020, 06:51 PM   #6
pfds31
Just put it in turtle discussion forms.

Old 12-28-2020, 07:37 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
No, I was simply stating that I moved it (I am a moderator on this site). I will move this to the turtle forum instead of general discussions.

Old 12-29-2020, 12:37 AM   #8
WebSlave
If you find a way to stop illegal and/or unethical actions in the world today just by asking the perpetrators, we would all erect a monument in your honor.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!