WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT:Pythons yield hides for specialty items - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #11
spawn
On the plus side, the OP looks like a total cry-baby now. Apparently the proof of something happening as in documentation changes whether or not it happened to begin with.

I wish I lived in an Orwellian society too!

Old 03-19-2010, 11:12 PM   #12
xtreme dragons
WELL I THINK THEY SHOULD CAPTURE THEM IDIOTS THAT DO THIS. AND CHOP THEY HEAD OFF WITH AN AXE AND LAY IT ON THE TABLE FOR ALL TO SEE. I WOULD MAY TO WATCH THAT. PEOPLE THAT CAN DO THAT SUCK BAD. JUST MY OPINION THANKS KEVIN WAMER

Old 03-19-2010, 11:13 PM   #13
Dodgeviper242
You Sick F... if i saw you in person i would kick your ass!!!!

Old 03-19-2010, 11:36 PM   #14
Paul Kent
At least make some kind of attempt at grammar. I try to stay off the high horse most of the time but GOOD LORD! Come on Kev, your better than that.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:37 PM   #15
dturner100
Wow people. Strong words. I guess keyboards are like kevlar vests.

Anyway though I hate the thought of killing burmese pythons they shouldn't be were they are. Not to mention WHY they are there.

I'm sure you'd be shocked if we could get an honest raise of hands at how many people have had to sell or give away an animal that they couldn't take care of. Even more shocking would be the ones who just release or "dispose" of them.

So to anybody with the "Ohhhh poor python" response I'd have to say "Do your part, because the crying isn't helping."

Though these burmese caught in the Ever Glades don't DESERVE to die... They do NEED to die. It's simple triage for our own ecosystem. It needs to be done so our wildlife can continue on. I wonder how many extra animals such as rabbits, and birds are being eaten by these burmese? That's not to mention the possibility of a person happening upon some of the bigger specimens.

So once again. Do your part. Don't make impulse buys on these large animals. If you can't without a doubt house this animal for its ENTIRE life span... DON'T buy it. Otherwise this will happen. They will have to be killed in mass.

As a note: It does break my heart to see these photos, but irresponsible snake owners have brought these images on us, and we now get to swallow that lump in our throats and do OUR part in taking care of the problem. And NO. Re-homing these guys would solve NOTHING. Most of them would end up right back where they were. Believe it or not there are VERY FEW responsible burmese python owners. You may say "I am, I am". Well how many are you? How about the person you got your burmese from? I got mine from a rescue. She was scared up, shocked with a cattle prod, and beaten with a stick. Then the reptile humane society was ready to "put her down" because she refused to eat. When I got her at 16" she wrapped me up twice within 2 months. Broke my hand, and left a tooth once, and nearly killed me the other time. BUTTTT!!! She finally came around to trusting people enough to where she didn't give up on life. She now has a GREAT home at a sanctuary where she has a full 25' x 25' display enclosure. Sad. I still miss her, but HER quality of life was at stake.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:41 PM   #16
Paul Kent

And well said..lol

Old 03-19-2010, 11:41 PM   #17
dturner100
By the way Dodgeviper242 if you can edit your post I think it would be a good idea to remove the language before a moderator says something about it. Just a suggestion.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #18
xtreme dragons
CHEAPEST

THEN COOL THEM DOWN AND PUT THEM IN A FREEZERS AND THEY WILL GO INTO A FAST BRUMTION AND JUST WONT WAKE UP. INSTEAD OF CHOPPING THERE HEADS OFF. THANKS KEVIN WAMER

Old 03-19-2010, 11:54 PM   #19
xtreme dragons
U TALKING TO ME ?

WANT MY ADDRESS GOOB I AM NOT HARD TO FIND. WELCOME A VISIT. DONT THINK U WILL ENJOY IT

Old 03-19-2010, 11:57 PM   #20
xtreme dragons
?

IS IS A BETTER WAY TO PUT THEM DOWN AND THAT IS NOT IT ? DO WE KNOW EACH OTHER

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!