Anyone have a place to buy BULK rat/mouse feed? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
ReptileGirl07
Anyone have a place to buy BULK rat/mouse feed?

I'm in Rochester NY. Looking for someone local. Was getting a great deal shipped, now, all of a sudden the supplier doubled the price!

Need to start with about 200 lbs per month, then I'll be increasing greatly as the months go by.

Know anyone local to me?

Old 11-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
Focal
Holy crap. I was going to recommend national pet pharmacy but I guess those are the people you are refering to as "doubling their prices." They lost my business.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #3
ReptileGirl07
lol Yea. I made an order with them last night. Apparently the last order before they doubled their prices.

I knew a lot of people who USED them, and are all canceling their auto shipping today.

Someone is waiting for a call back from the manager, hoping to get an update.

They started off with getting rid of the $4.95 shipping on all orders this week. Then, as of today, $143.00!!! I just got the same order shipped, last night for $72.02!

*sigh* I have to cancel my auto ship today as well!

Old 11-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
Focal
They also doubled their price on shredded aspen. I knew the autoship was a bad idea because something like this would happen. Ok, sorry no more venting about NPP from me

Maybe one of these places if they are close (not sure of distance):

http://www.macraesbluebook.com/searc...company=624393

http://www.macraesbluebook.com/searc...company=818793

http://www.macraesbluebook.com/searc...company=536253

http://www.macraesbluebook.com/searc...company=625854

Old 11-30-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
ReptileGirl07
Luckily, as far as I know, you can cancel at any time without any issues? I'll find out later!

Thanks for the links! You're awesome. They're all not too far, buffalo is only about an hour!

Old 11-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #6
Shadera
I tried to tell people that NPP would do it, both raise shipping and raise prices, back when the link first started circulating on another forum. I know, because they did it to me several years ago and lost my business then. I was basically told I had no idea what I was talking about. The prices will slowly drift back down, and once enough people start ordering the stuff again, those prices *will* be cranked up again along with the shipping.

Have you looked at Sand Valley? Their stuff is basically rebagged Harlan, and they're real nice folks. I know they have regular routes around the east and they might be able to hook you up. They also sell Harlan bedding.
http://www.sandvalleyfarms.com/

Old 11-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #7
ReptileGirl07
Thanks! Yeah, I've talked to Dean. He's a great guy and has great prices.

I need to find someone close to me with a trailer. He's a few hours away, and to make the price really attractive, I have to grab more than a few bags at once.

Problem with that, is I'd bottom out my suspension.

I'd love to find someone local that would like to go in together and buy a bunch. That way, the price per bag stays low. I could drive, I just need someone with a trailer

Old 12-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #8
keithy
I get Mazuri through the local purina feed store. I love the Mazuri.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #9
Mooing Tricycle
Check out local Agways/Blue Seal/Purina dealers.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #10
ReptileGirl07
FocalX We got them to change the price back. Someone on another forum contacted National Pet Pharmacy and spoke to a manager and they changed the price back!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!