family vent/rant. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
mechnut450
family vent/rant.

ok long story short, i am getting married in just about 2 months. and we had issues with funding. so we decided to sell the one car to my fiance co worker since her's died and the husband dragging his feet on taking her to look for one . ( which has put her job at risk to a point) since she been walking to work. Not something I would want an my ast manager to do if she has to make deposit at night) since the area not the greatest). so I informed my mother who been using the car ( and knowing her letting my sister runn the hell out of it cause she can never keep insurance on hers) So I informed her ( which They knew this was a possible event as we can't really afford 2 vehciles between maintaince and such ( and they not helping) and they were ok with that.
WEll I was bluntly told i have no move the rest of my stuff out of the trailer my mother owns. This includes my snakes, my rodent colonies( in glass tanks ) tools and some other items I don't have a place to store else were right now. ( outside renting a storage unit ) and i not sure if I want one of those cause it an extra bill we can't afford)
as a result I been forced to sell part/most of my reptile collection due to the lack or room here and other issues. ( going to possible be giving the rats to someon that recently purchased a butter from me.
so temped to vanish right off the face of the earth for a few months and let my family ( who I bent over backwards to help anytime I was asked ) to suffer and see how well they manage at cutting their own lawns, doing their own driving and buying their own items of need. ) they have really
to make it even more of a butt burner I betting my sister filling my mothers head full of lies and such just like she does everytime her and her so called husband have their fights ( cause they rather blow the money instead of paying bills then go though thestate to get them paid.

Some time being disable ( myself) makes me so pissed off cause I can't really do the shit as I need to do it.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
Shadera
Hang in there, Terry.

Don't let people abuse you, family or not. My family pulled similar crap just a couple weeks before our wedding and I cut all those ties. (Last straw was my mom being angry that I told her she wasn't to use my $$$ wedding/reception to announce her own newly engaged status officially, therefore making it HER party. She threatened one last time not to come, and I flat out said fine don't.) I did heavily use therapy to get through the first months, and to the point where I can see it wasn't me damaging those relationships. Nothing will change unless they want it to, and the cyclical ugliness isn't healthy for anyone. I haven't spoken to anyone in my family for better than five years now, and life is much better without the passive aggressive holidays and abusive phone calls. It's not my loss, and it won't be yours, either if you decide you've had enough.

-hugs- Weddings are stressful enough without people tossing in drama. My opinion ain't the popular one, but if you're feeling that way I want you to know it IS an option.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
My opinion ain't the popular one, but if you're feeling that way I want you to know it IS an option.
I agree completely. Family ties can be just as easily and needfully severed as any others. It's unfortunate that it isn't a more popular idea. It's some sort of Hallmark Card mentality that drives people to believe that there's some sense of twisted nobility in continually suffering those who'd take advantage of you and go out of their way to make life more difficult. Under the best circumstances, life is enough of a struggle. If someone's not interested in being part of the solution, then I'd be quick to count them among the list of problems. And who needs extra problems?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!