Passing of Steve Irwin - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:43 AM   #41
Goanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Burgi
In my time on this earth (a whopping 28 years) I've seen my share of celebrities, icons, world leaders, and all manner of other public personas pass on. Lucille Ball, Kurt Cobain, Ronald Reagan, Christopher Reeve...and the list goes on. None, and I mean NONE of them have made me feel as empty, upset, sad, and concerned as the loss of Steve Irwin. Did he play things up a bit for the cameras? Maybe. Did he put his child in danger by holding him while he fed a croc? I don't think so. What he did, however, was inspire a generation (or two) into reliving their childhood, their proudest moments, and reshaped the public paradigm concerning reptiles. Honestly, he made watching nature/wildlife programs fun to watch again.

Did I get tired of his inflated Aussie accent? Sometimes...but I will never be tired of hearing his voice on TV as he gets so excited and enthusiastic about the animals that this community holds dear, and that the majority of the TV-watching public scorns. I'll miss him. There will never be another like him, and I hope there never will be.

Rest in peace, Steve, and best wishes to your family and friends as they (and we) mourn the loss of a great man.

Gabriel Burgi
I can relate totally. I feel like I lost a friend, not just a TV celebrity that I didn't know. I have been watching Steve for years and he definitly had a large role to play in starting my interest in Reptiles and Exotic Animals. I will always remember the first time I saw him on TV. It was on discovery channel before animal planet launched, and it was one of his first specials where he was chasing a wild bearded dragon and it jumped up and bit him on the nose, "You bit me on the nose you little brat", lol.

Rest in Peace Steve, You will be greatly Missed.

My condolences go out to all of his Family and Friends.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:51 AM   #42
Rebel Dragons
This segment???

Old 09-06-2006, 12:58 AM   #43
Goanna
Yep, that would be it. Did that air last night or tonight? I watched Fox news last night I didnt see them show that clip.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:06 AM   #44
Rebel Dragons
It was on last night. They were interviewing a lot of Steve's counterparts, such as Hannah, Corwin and O'Shea.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!