please sign this petition - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:38 AM   #11
puppytoes72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
And supposing grama jones next to you, or even better, Bubba from Arkansas the next ailse over, saw that snake, panicked and freaked out, maybe opening an escape hatch to get away from it?
and what about my husband(who is HIGHLY allergic to cats and dogs) that is forced to sit next to a cat or a dog and has trouble breathing and breaks out in hives??? reptiles are hypo-allergenic and if in a carrier can not harm anyone.its only fair.also this isnt about being a way for breeders to ship,its about families that want to bring their beloved pet on vacations with them or maybe move across country with them? whats the harm with bringing a box with "a family member" on to the plane as a carry on? my step-daughter came to live with us one summer(from florida to CT) and she had to leave her gecko behind.i say,if you allow dogs and cats then reptile should also be allowed

Old 09-28-2007, 12:07 PM   #12
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

The other point is that cats & dogs are noisy!! LOL I flew one time & a person had a little dog in a carrier underneath his seat. I thought I was going to scream! That dog barked for half of the flight at least. I doubt too many people would have any idea that you even had a reptile with you anyway, unless you announced it. If you did show them, it might be a surefire way to keep people away from your seat! LOL

Tracie

Old 09-28-2007, 12:59 PM   #13
Wilomn
I say put them ALL somewhere other than with passengers.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:30 PM   #14
puppytoes72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache613
Hello,

The other point is that cats & dogs are noisy!! LOL I flew one time & a person had a little dog in a carrier underneath his seat. I thought I was going to scream! That dog barked for half of the flight at least. I doubt too many people would have any idea that you even had a reptile with you anyway, unless you announced it. If you did show them, it might be a surefire way to keep people away from your seat! LOL

Tracie
tracie,you are a member of reptile room right?can you plz post this petition over there? thanks

Old 09-28-2007, 05:36 PM   #15
Miss Tuniwha
I agree that NO animal should be with the passengers.. I thought they had an area for the animals.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:17 PM   #16
Crazydude
I signed it in the hope they will meet halfway, I find bringing dogs and cats not the greatest, But in some situations like moving thats all you can do. The best thing to do if you have a dog or cat is talk to your vet, Get some animal sleeping pills (they have those now, ) but not anesthesia, and have it in the animal hold. Good Airlines have a animal hold that is pressurized and heated, but is not in the cabin. Reptiles should be allowed there.

I mentioned on another forum, When I was little, I had a rubber snake that I got as a souvenir at a zoo on vacation, I was going to get on the plane and they stopped me, searched my bag, and made me take it out because they wouldn't, And made me ship it home. Because a 12" long rubber snake is scary to the people on the flight.

The problem is, Either you ship it and hope that you get a flight that gets to your destination before the package, And that its not lost, Or you have to put it underneat, Which is not temperature regulated, And because the altitude its cold there, They throw it in, if you've ever watched them they just toss it in, and it will probably land upsidedown or something, Then you have a problem. And doesn't shipping a live animal require a licence?

There has to be a alternative to shipping, I thing that having a reptile with you, that is not disclosed, and is hidden from the public is not a horrible thing.
But I love the fact that you could have it with you the whole time, and tell someone that it was on the same flight and they would freak, Irrational, ignorant fear is the problem.

Hopefully something will be done as a alternative.

Ben

Old 09-28-2007, 10:52 PM   #17
puppytoes72
well said ben!

Old 09-29-2007, 08:00 AM   #18
bsharrah
Why further and promote a petition for reptiles in the cabin if your hopes are to allow them in with pet cargo? If your goals are not specified in this petition, start another - one that may stand a better chance.

To support such an unrealistic position by arguing that people are allergic to cats and dogs is ridiculous. Just start a petition to ban all animals from the cabin - I will sign that one.

This petition, as written, has no chance of survival. It amazes me that you would think the airlines would even give it some consideration.

Bart

Old 09-29-2007, 08:50 AM   #19
puppytoes72
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsharrah
Why further and promote a petition for reptiles in the cabin if your hopes are to allow them in with pet cargo? If your goals are not specified in this petition, start another - one that may stand a better chance.

To support such an unrealistic position by arguing that people are allergic to cats and dogs is ridiculous. Just start a petition to ban all animals from the cabin - I will sign that one.

This petition, as written, has no chance of survival. It amazes me that you would think the airlines would even give it some consideration.

Bart
who are you referring to bart? who said that? what amazes me is that EVERY topic has to be a debate or an argument on this forum.it's simple...if you agree then sign it,if not then DON'T sign it.you do do not have to put down the person that wrote the petition,i am sure he put alot of time into it.that was very rude

Old 09-29-2007, 09:03 AM   #20
puppytoes72
Furthermore Bart,as a "contributing member" of the forum i would expect you to handle yourself a little better and set a good example

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!