Uromastyx Eggs.. infertile *pretty sure* - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #41
Spiders
Sorry, I'm a tard!! I should have read the entire thread before posting my question. But, if anyone does find out what my hygrometer should read for these little white nuggets, I'd love to know.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #42
Gina Gauvin
Hi gang,
I've never bred uro's before, but, I've been keeping them and studying them since I bought my first pair of ornate hatchlings around 1992. I found a uromastyx email group full of breeders and keepers and learned from them for 8 or 9yrs.
So, with that introduction, the hardest part of breeding uro's is their actually having eggs! If the eggs are not fertile, they should probably stink and mold by the end of the first week. You didn't mention if your using vermiculite?
I checked the uromastyx homepage as they have lot's of uro info. I didn't see the humidity info, but you can check as I may have missed it. (theuromastyxhomepage/kingsnake.com) Butch is a great source of info, and Troy Jones as well as Lindsay Pike are both members on the fauna site, as well as long time uro breeders.
There's also a urogroup or 2 at yahoo.com. I'd check out the homepage as that's the biggest uro place, besides the private breeders.
Good luck!

Old 05-21-2009, 11:32 PM   #43
Spiders
Thanks Gina! And good luck Tuniwha! Will be checking back with progress from time to time.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:12 AM   #44
Miss Tuniwha
just a quick photo of the incubating clutch

Old 05-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #45
ForkedTung
very nicely spaced and patterned Brandi...Do I sense a little OCD...? are your spices alphabetical?

Old 05-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #46
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
Do I sense a little OCD...? are your spices alphabetical?

a LOT of OCD.. and yes. LMFAO and my closet is colour coordinated, my shoes are by style and colour

:P

Old 06-26-2009, 08:33 PM   #47
Miss Tuniwha
They did not make it..

I am thinking it was too humid.

*CRIES*

Old 06-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #48
Tiger Lilly
Awww...sorry to hear that, Brandi. I was so looking forward to seeing little Euros...better luck next time...

Old 06-26-2009, 08:49 PM   #49
Miss Tuniwha
Me too.

The male that would have been the "father" died Tuesday morning. So I really would have liked to had a baby

*cries*

Old 06-26-2009, 09:04 PM   #50
TheFragginDragon
I noticed this thread today and wanted to ask what the status was....truly sorry for the losses Brandi, I'm sure you did everything you could.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!