Reptiles Cause lung problem? EMERGENCY - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #31
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarsh View Post
Thank You so much Donna. Also a big thank You to every one else. A special Thank you to Jason for the work he is doing to see what and if there is some link and what can be done if there is. He is a vet studen of 4 years here in GA and we have been emailing back and forth searching for answers.
I love the Reptile people here and most every where. I am headed to Repticon Atlanta this morning to get the word out on the proposed GA Bill S.303 requiring special license and microchipping. There is no greater folks to be with than You guys. It means alot.
Just don't give up, honey!!

Miracles DO HAPPEN!!

Old 02-05-2010, 09:39 PM   #32
SamanthaJane13
Kathy-

Any updates???

Old 02-06-2010, 09:20 AM   #33
kmarsh
Not much to update. Nothing has come forward to link the reptiles from any where. The Vet student is still working on reviewing my medical history and the questions I answered to him. We will see what comes up on this next. Thank You for asking and as soon as I know more I will certainly let others know as well either way. Thanks,.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #34
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Not much to update. Nothing has come forward to link the reptiles from any where. The Vet student is still working on reviewing my medical history and the questions I answered to him. We will see what comes up on this next. Thank You for asking and as soon as I know more I will certainly let others know as well either way. Thanks,.
At least Olexian Pro is working on it with you!!

I think you did the right thing by sharing this issue here at Fauna.

You've found someone who has access to info from the veterinary point of view, you have LOADS of people trying to figure out an alternative to giving up your scaly kids and maybe finding another explanation for your lung problems, and you're sharing info that may effect ANY of us in the future, especially if it truly IS an allergy or a disease caused by herps or the products used to keep them.

I'm hoping it may be traced back to some product that you've used in the past or something in your home or environment that you didn't even realize was there.

Personally I have MANY allergies-feathers, dog and cat dander and MANY FOODS, along with asthma. None of these problems have gotten so bad that I can't keep any dogs, cats and herps, so I'm thinking it may be a chemical issue for you.

Just know we're all pulling for you, and you're in our prayers!!

Hugs-
Donna

Old 02-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #35
kmarsh
Thanks Donna, that was my intent all along. If it is something others need to be aware of, I wanted them to know. If there was a answer out here, I will search to find it. Also to let others know not to give up with just the first suggestion. Seek the answers where ever they may be found. On here, I beleive, is where there is a vast majority of experts in our field. I too beleive its going to be something other than the reptiles. I beleive maybe past ownership of the petshop with the birds there or something with the cleaning supplies. As I know more, I will post.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:07 PM   #36
SamanthaJane13
Kathy-

How are you doing with the respiratory problems???

I hope you're improving!!

Any breaking news on the cause or treatment??

Hugs-
Donna

Old 03-04-2010, 03:08 PM   #37
kmarsh
Thanks for asking Donna, so far no news on anything as far as a explanation but the vet student that I met through this post certainly went to work on it. We shared information back and forth but the end result is that so far there is nothing to prove that this is linked to the reptiles. He did notice a test in my chart that the doctors had over looked and that was interesting to me as well as made me admire him. We shared the information he passed back and forth to me with my doctors and they concured that I am missing a test that they will have preformed on me soon. Nothing major but important as well. I loved that my doctor said that vet students have a harder time getting their degree and a harder job because they have to find the facts. Vet's patients cant talk so they dig deeper for answers most times. A big thank you goes out to Jason at the University of Georgia for takeing on my case and following it. I thank him because he didn't have to get involved but he did.
I do love each and every one of you and your committment to your reptiles and this Fauna Group here. I have been anxiously following the reports on Critical Bill and right now my problems seem so minor. If you do not know he is in rough shape and there is a thread keeping us updated on him. I am so proud of how no matter what our opinions are we can put them aside and come together when one of us is hurting. There is another family on here that is in need of our help too. They have suffered a loss and need our support. WiseReptiles has set up a fund for both families. If You can please help them. Its not the amount of money, as much as it is the show of support that matters. It lets them know that this is much more than a group of people that just sit at keyboards caring about their own little world. We are much more than that. Thank you all for being the wonderful people you are, and Donna You are one that I admire alot on here. I have seen alot come and go but we can sure tell the ones that TRULY care than those that are just in it for what they can get out. A big thank you to Rich for this site making it possible. Its hard at times and sometimes I can imagine he wondered what he was thinking. Hopefully when he sees this kind of good come of it, then he knows it was worth every sleepless nite he has invested in it. Love to You all....

Old 03-04-2010, 03:09 PM   #38
Bubafat
Two things:
1. Hospital masks will do NOTHING to prevent inhalation of bleach/ammonia/acetic acid.
2. Have you had or currently have any mites or other bug related infestations?

I ask #2 because certain bugs such as Tribolium beetles can cause allergies due to fine particulate production. Such production could manifest itself in lung issues.

Good luck and I hope you get better!

Old 03-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #39
kmarsh
I hadnt until recently but its not mine, a friend of mine has a snake that has a mite problem that is persistent. He has used the rid a mite and other reptile stuff but thats only been in the last few months and only the one snake out of 15. A little 2 foot albino burmese. Nothing seems to help this baby. Change complete cage and he is the only one that will have them. So far I have not heard of him having a problem for the past week or so so hopefully its over. But that is the one and only time. The lung problem was here way before him.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #40
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Thanks for asking Donna, so far no news on anything as far as a explanation but the vet student that I met through this post certainly went to work on it. We shared information back and forth but the end result is that so far there is nothing to prove that this is linked to the reptiles. He did notice a test in my chart that the doctors had over looked and that was interesting to me as well as made me admire him. We shared the information he passed back and forth to me with my doctors and they concured that I am missing a test that they will have preformed on me soon. Nothing major but important as well. I loved that my doctor said that vet students have a harder time getting their degree and a harder job because they have to find the facts. Vet's patients cant talk so they dig deeper for answers most times. A big thank you goes out to Jason at the University of Georgia for takeing on my case and following it. I thank him because he didn't have to get involved but he did.
I do love each and every one of you and your committment to your reptiles and this Fauna Group here. I have been anxiously following the reports on Critical Bill and right now my problems seem so minor. If you do not know he is in rough shape and there is a thread keeping us updated on him. I am so proud of how no matter what our opinions are we can put them aside and come together when one of us is hurting. There is another family on here that is in need of our help too. They have suffered a loss and need our support. WiseReptiles has set up a fund for both families. If You can please help them. Its not the amount of money, as much as it is the show of support that matters. It lets them know that this is much more than a group of people that just sit at keyboards caring about their own little world. We are much more than that. Thank you all for being the wonderful people you are, and Donna You are one that I admire alot on here. I have seen alot come and go but we can sure tell the ones that TRULY care than those that are just in it for what they can get out. A big thank you to Rich for this site making it possible. Its hard at times and sometimes I can imagine he wondered what he was thinking. Hopefully when he sees this kind of good come of it, then he knows it was worth every sleepless nite he has invested in it. Love to You all....
Damn you, Kathy!!!

You made me CRY!!!

It's your turn-

We sit and we type and we stare at our screens
We all have to wonder what this possibly means
~
With our mouse we roam through the rooms in a maze
Looking for something or someone as we sit in a daze
~
We chat with each other, we type all our woes
Small groups we do form and gang up on our foes
~
We wait for somebody to type out our name
We want recognition but it is always the same
~
We give kisses and hugs, and sometimes flirt
In PM's we chat deeply and reveal why we hurt
~
We do form friendships - but - why we don't know
But some of these friendships will flourish and grow
~
Why is it on screens, we can be so bold
Telling our secrets that have never been told
~
Why is it we share the thoughts in our mind
With those we can't see as though we were blind
~
The answer is simple, it is as clear as a bell
We all have our problems and need someone to tell
~
We can't tell real people, but tell someone we must
So we turn to the 'puter' and to those we can trust
~
Even though it is crazy, the truth still remains
They are *Friends Without Faces* with odd little names.

~ Author Unknown ~

And a crested smile for ya-from Berto-to make your day a little brighter!!!

This post is a roller coaster-ain't it??

Yes-we've been praying for Chuck and his family,and now that I found out about Tattoo's family loss, they're on our prayer list, too, along with a lost cat belonging to a friend from the Pangea forums and a little boy with Aplastic Anemia from Katey's kung fu class.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!