A Study on Those Who Keep Snakes... sort of - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #91
AbsoluteApril
wow De'Andrea, I hope to look half that good at 55 (ok, 53..)! you look great!

It's really fun to see so many different age groups and backgrounds on here

Old 02-16-2011, 07:51 PM   #92
Mikkwa
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
wow De'Andrea, I hope to look half that good at 55 (ok, 53..)! you look great!

It's really fun to see so many different age groups and backgrounds on here
Thanks April, I wished I Felt that way. Just never have liked pics of me. I don't take many pics, but I also like seeing what the folks I interact with look like so figured I'd give in & post one. Kinda' makes it feel like you know them a little better.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #93
lovin2act
What snakes do you own?: 1.1 Black Milks, 1.0 E. Indigo, 1.0 Luecistic S. Pine, 1.0 El Rosario Rosy Boa, 0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa
Why do you keep snakes?: Have adored them since I was a kid. Dont know why, I just cant get enough of them.
What other animals do you have?: 3 dogs, 1 cat, 1 Goldfish
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: musical theatre, acting, singing, guitar, basketball, soccer, table tennis, tennis, volleyball
Anything else to add?: My fiance is a hairdresser who does musical theatre and sings as well, she has 2 snakes
(Optional) Picture:
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #94
NathanV
Occupation: Rotor Aviatior (Commercial Certificate), Herpetology Conservation Educator.
What snakes do you own?: 0.1 Pastave bp, 1.1 Pewter bp, 1. Mojave Fire bp, 0.1 Spider bp, 0.2 Butter bp, 1.1 Cinnamon bp, 0.1 Vin Russo Het White Diamond bp, 0.1 WC Axanthic bp, 0.1 Normal bp, 0.1 Mojave bp, 1.0 CanaryxBiak green tree python
Why do you keep snakes?:Started off as having show animals, but quickly turned into a breeding obsession
What other animals do you have?:0.0.2 Pacman Frogs, 0.2 Red Crested Geckos, 1.1 Sandfire Bearded Dragons
What other hobbies do you enjoy?:Flying helis, paintball, field herping
Anything else to add?:
(Optional) Picture:

Old 03-13-2011, 12:10 AM   #95
rcpreis3
Im not seeing any name tags!

Old 03-13-2011, 12:11 AM   #96
rcpreis3
OOOpps my bad wrong thread!

Old 03-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #97
Pmsayi
What snakes do you own?:
1.2 A. dumerilli
1.1 B.c.constrictor (Peruvian red tails)
2.3 L.t. honderensis
2.2 P.m.sayi
2.3 L.g.holbrooki
5.8 P.guttatus (Okeetees and reverses)
2.3 Eublepharis macularius

Why do you keep snakes?:
I've always been fascinated with reptiles. I enjoy interacting with them and still feel like a child when I have eggs hatch or a liter is born. I've been breeding as a hobby for quite some time now and after having kept multiple species I have finely figured out what animals I enjoy working with the most. While I do intend to get out of red tail boas in the future here is a list of species that my family and I intend on rounding out our colony with in the future:
2.2 Morelia bredli
2.2 Drymarchon corais (red chin)
2.2 L.t.annulata
2.6 Opheiodryas aestivus

What other animals do you have?:
Bouvier Des Flandres
Cat
Fish (Salt and Fresh)

What other hobbies do you enjoy?:
Woodworking
Reading anything I can get a hold of on reptiles
Music (guitar)
Weightlifting
Football
Gardening

Anything else to add?: I am extremely lucky to have a wife and kids that enjoy this hobby as much as I do.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #98
pnutbutrcp
What snakes do you own?: Currently 2 balls, 2 jungle carpets, 4 corns, 1 brazilian rainbow and 1 hypo central american boa.
Why do you keep snakes?: I have been interested since I held my first snake at 22 but thought I'd never be able to feed them the cute fuzzy animals that I've always kept as pets. However, I fell in love with my first ball last september the minute I held her. And I thought I 'd give it a try and haven't looked back since. I like that they are low maintenance and a really relaxing to handle. I am fascinated by everything about them.
What other animals do you have?: 2 small dogs, 3 cats and 2 dumbo rats.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Reading, movies, cooking, crafts, painting...just about anything really.
Anything else to add?: I think this is a really cool idea because I have always been interested in what kind of people own snakes. There seems to be so many common interests among snake owners too.
(Optional) Picture:

Old 04-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #99
mizztaztic7
Occupation: Student: Occupational & Environmental Health Sciences
What snakes do you own?: Ball pythons and a Hogg Island Boa
Why do you keep snakes?: I've always liked reptiles as pets. Being furry is overrated.
What other animals do you have?: Golden retriever
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: love sports, parties, sleep lol, and just hanging out with friends
Anything else to add?: Check out my youtube page I just started. There will be more added shortly.
http://www.youtube.com/user/mschmied89?feature=mhum

(Optional) Picture:

Old 04-15-2011, 08:41 AM   #100
Beardiefreak26
Occupation:High school student; hopful herpetologist, conservationist
What snakes do you own?:1.0.1 yellow phase common garters
Why do you keep snakes?:Reptiles are awesome!
What other animals do you have?:1.1 bearded dragons
What other hobbies do you enjoy?:Fishing; Field Herping; Reading (about reptiles lol); Being lazy and watiching tv
Anything else to add?on't hate, we can have vemonous snakes on your doorstep within hours. Oh and yeahhh I'm number 100!!!!
[/b]

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!