Bite Club - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

View Poll Results: What best describes your personal experience??
Never been bitten. I tend to keep more placid species IE Cornsnakes. 55 9.60%
Have been nipped at a few times from my baby Python or Boa. 223 38.92%
I get hit every freaking day by something, whether I'm cleaning cages or just free handling for 'special time'. 34 5.93%
I've been hit hundreds of times from just about everything!! Kings, Milks, Pythons, Boas, but nothing too severe. 104 18.15%
I was at the wrong end (the recipient) of an extremely painful bite from a very large constrictor. 95 16.58%
I use extreme caution when handling any of my reptiles, and have not been bit by anything other than my neighbors dog, my house cat, or my neighbor. What's all this nonsense about Reptile bites??? 62 10.82%
Voters: 573. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2004, 06:40 AM   #51
R and J
Randy has been bitten by a boa and a Northern Pacific rattlesnake, the rat-tler he kept as a pet afterwards! Floyd was a good ol'boy....
Jan... SFM.. (almost bit by our hoggy), got tagged by our Eastern Appy King, and the latest, by our 7 foot Taiwan Beauty.
ALL boys... BTW!
Never been bit by any of our girls, BUT... Our 0.1 Cali king and Grey banded have tried to get Randy a couple of times!

Old 07-02-2004, 03:16 PM   #52
hill4803
Almost took one on the face by my 7' boa.

He was in a strange mood, I was able to get out of the way...thankfully! I had taken him out to clean his cage, reached in to get him out of the tub to put him back in his cage & he shot up at my face. I did take a bad bite on my hand between the thumb & forefinger by a Tokay gecko...mean little mother held on for almost 15 minutes. After much swearing and squirting him with a water sprayer, he finally let go.

Old 07-12-2004, 09:40 PM   #53
boa_baby_06
well, i'v been bittn countless times by my cali. king...it's like everytime i hold him after a while he just gets tired of me and bites, it doesn't hurt but still it's a bite...but my most painful was by a full grow ball python...he got me right on the "webbing" between my thumb and fore-finger, caused profuse bleeding pain sweeling but nothin a tough girl like me couldn't handle!!!

Old 08-16-2004, 06:27 AM   #54
R and J
This BITE CLUB SUCKS!!!!
Bite me once, shame on you, BITE ME TWICE, huh... it's Randy's fault!
I took our Tawian Beauty out of his tank this weekend so Randy could clean his cage and water dish...(Teko is near 7 feet)
We had a great time, I tried to get him to stretch out on our new queen size bed so I could get a good measurement, but he wouldn't let go of my wrist! Afterwards he had fun cruising my head and shoulders.
Randy said Teko's dinner was getting cold, so I tried to put him back into his cage. He must have scented FOOD, and then bit the nearest heat source... MY HAND!... again...
He ate his two rats, and then later two adult mice that Scarlette didn't want.
We measured the distance between teeth marks, about 2.5 inches between top jaw and bottom jaw.
My Wrist really hurts today, where is DR. OWENS when you need him???!!! Just another weekend... JAN

Old 09-10-2004, 02:19 PM   #55
ldydrgn
I've been bitten a few times, from babies up to a 7' bci female. It's not daily, nor is it just from babies. So my option isn't in the poll.

Old 09-10-2004, 02:38 PM   #56
djnzlab
Mostly BIt by new snakes

Hi ,
I have been bit a few times mostly by snakes in pet stores I don't know, I had a large adult female 5ft+ ball python latch on to my ear and nothing we could do would make her turn loose I finally stuck my fiinger under her teeth and punctured them with those needle sharp teeth and pulled her off my ear lobe, it bleed alot for a min and healed up in a couple days . The BP was not aggresive I think she was hungry . she had been all over my arm checked my hands and went for the ear. I had a kingsnake if it was sniffing your hands it usally was just prior to bitting.. hehe

I have also been tagged by a young BP in her hide , I had put a fresh thawed rat outside the hide for her to eat, after a few hours, I was going to give it to another snake and as I reached in her cage she nailed me from under the hide as I was reaching for the rat. Not a scratch and didn't bleed. That about it all the others were from babies that were freaking out and didn't really have teeth yet..
I have never been nailed by my guyana adults nor my adult hog, thank goodness
Doug
One of my friend has monster retics and he swears when he feeds them they try to kill him... he has lots of scars..not for me

Old 10-18-2004, 12:49 PM   #57
jaamkrell
Never had....Never will????

I have Ball Pythons and Redtail Boas and I have never been bitten. I used to be terrified of snakes. I inherited them when I married my wife so I learned to cope. After much research and learning I have grown to love them. She claims I am taking over her hobby. I know getting bit comes with the territory. Since we have so many snakes I know it is inevitable. I just hope it doesn't make me fear them again. Guess I'm just lucky so far. As soon as I get bit I will let you know so I can be in the club.

Old 10-22-2004, 07:16 PM   #58
MotherNature
Talking bite club

I have enjoyed reading all the bite club members, It is always nice to find other people with a great sense of humor over snakes and their love of bites!
My rat snake never misses a chance to bit the hand that feeds him or cleans his cage.
But the best story is my gray banded king snake all of 12 inches, nice snake never bite, but one day I was handling him when my cat walks in the room-in the blink of an eye, the snake launched it self (I swear it) and latches onto the cats ear!! Now I have the cat in one arm so he doesn't try to run with the snake chomping down on his ear and still holding the snake with the other, yelling for help. Finally managed to sprinkle warm water on the snake to let go!! Talk about his eyes were bigger than his stomach!!
PS that cat has neve set foot in my snake room again.
mother nature

Old 11-02-2004, 08:31 PM   #59
gonaver1
Talking bite club

I had the rare pleasure of being bit on the mouth by a 4-5ft gopher snake that didn't want to let go. My best story however, occured when my girlfriend and her friend came over one day. I told them that my 12ft. burm had never bitten anyone before. It had NEVER even struck at me. I reached my hand in the cage to move a water bowl...and...WHACK.....She struck from about 4ft in the blink of an eye. It did hurt and bled like a son-of-a-gun but it scared the SH!$ outta me. The girls turned pale white and almost threw up. Quite funny looking back on it.

Old 11-04-2004, 07:41 AM   #60
yellow anaconda
there were 2 i could of voted for hundreds of times and the severe bite.
i used to collect colubrids and got bitten all the time by calis but now i only have 3 yellow anacondas lol. 1 is absolutley kitten tame but shes only 3 feet. 1 is an 04 baby and bites occasionaly my 6 footer female got me a gooden on the chin. it was only a strike but it bl00dy hurt and bled for along time. ive had it bite me right on the chest aswell that didnt hurt but bled quite alot.
its worst when they bite and panic coz sumtimes they leave there teeth in you, very nice. but at the end of the day thats 1 reason why i keep the snakes they keep me on my toes and are such great fun to handle.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!