What is your Favorite Reptile? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 03-31-2006, 04:17 PM   #21
Roy Munson
Well, corn snakes are my favorite, but I'm into other colubrids as well (e.g. emoryi, rats, kings, milks). Here's my male lavender blood corn:
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2006, 05:10 PM   #22
cornchips
Have to say my boa and my bluetongue skink..I've had or have kingsnakes,cornsnakes,bearded dragons and leopard geckos also ball pythons. but my Plain old columbian boa is by far my favorite and my bluey is next in line..

Old 03-31-2006, 05:38 PM   #23
Bahamut
My favorite lizard is my Bearded Dragon. His name is Jasper and this Feb. he turned 10. not the brightest thing in the world , but what a personality! As for snakes I am hooked on african house snakes(I currently own 17), don't know why. They just flip my crank.

Old 03-31-2006, 06:01 PM   #24
hhmoore
Marjee,
I don't think your approach is all that different. I based my decision (in each grouping, and the final) upon specific animals that I have kept. Puff adders, for example. Not the most attractive venomous species, nor are they known for their calm dispositions...my favorite male was beautiful (IMO), and he was calm, deliberate, and predictable. No, I was never stupid or careless, but he certainly gave the impression that I could have gotten away with it, lol.
I called it a tie between water monitors and American alligators. I have worked with several of each, and found them to be quite personable. I feel that both of them can recognize individual humans, and will behave differently with people that they do (or do not) like. (I'm building my fortress, so I can withstand the barrage of comments that I can already see coming, lol). Add in that they make the best rodent disposals, and you can't go wrong...as long as you have the space to commit.

Old 03-31-2006, 07:43 PM   #25
markface
my favorite animal is without a doubt the komodo dragon . there is just nothing(in my mind) to compare to them . they are big mean and nasty , but i think they represent the top of the food chain no matter what you put them up against .

as far as animals that i have kept , i think mangove monitors are really cool . i had one for 9 years and he was just awesome . he was dog tame and was allowed to roam freely in my house .

Old 04-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #26
Vinny D
JUNKYARD, i love this thread. i would also have to say the boa constrictor, because when i was 4 or 5, i went into this pet shop in florida and saw my first boa. i already had ball pythons at the time, but this boa stole my heart for some reason. i begged my mom for a couple of months to get that boa, and finally she got it for my B-day. i dont think i was ever that happy. the snake was only a baby when i got her, and i had her for about 10 or 11 years. and i had to sell my big baby to move to PA, since we took a bus up here. so now my favorite snake is a BCC insted of a BCI, but in all honestly i love them boath. thanks for reading.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:40 PM   #27
reddog4063
My all time favorite, though I would never ever keep one, has to be the Gaboon Viper. Just the pure beauty of those tan stripes on the top and all the browns and purples but also for those HUGE fangs and ridiculous striking force that you must respect. Even if I became the greatest with a hook I would not keep something that deadly as I would never want to pay the high cost of being struck.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:38 AM   #28
Lucille
It is hard to pick one because so many are outstanding, but I like my little group of bearded dragons with their personalities.
As far as snakes, the tree boas are interesting and beautiful.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #29
BARF0MAGA
my fav herps, 1, 2, 3, etc... startin wit lizards. caiman lizard, then a quince monitor, blue tree monitor, mertens water monitor, red ackie monitor, leachie, irian jaya blue tongued skink, pygmy cham, and electric blue williamsi dwarf day gecko. those r just some. now snakes. eastern indigo, western hognose, blood python, argentine boa, woma python, and kenyan sand boa. then turtles. pignose, florida softshell, mata mata, chinese softshell, 3 stripe mud, western painted, and ornate mexican slider. now frogs. budgett's frog, vietnamese mossy tree frog, vietnamese blue glidin tree frog, indonesian blue glidin tree frog, blue aratus dart frog, african dwarf frog, and floatin frogs. now last newts. laos warty newt, paddle tail newt, and eastern spotted newts. currently i hav a western hognose, budgett's frog, red eared slider, 2 african dwarf frogs, and a flame crested gecko

Old 08-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #30
AtrociousOne
my favorite reptile's are snake, and my favorite snake, which i just so happen to happily own, is any morelia. However my FAVORITE one single animal is my adult '01 coastal carpet. at 7'11". She is a beast and she is the star of my entire collection. I've had 80 year old ladies lose their fear of reptiles because of this one snake. If you have her around your neck and don't pay attention to her she'll rub her nose on your cheek until you rub her. I love this snake! Her name is Shagz the carpet python. , My second favorite is another carpet, diamond x coastal x tiger cross. He is aptly named Ghandi since he went on a 6 month hunger strike after birth. I had to work long and hard to get him feeding, but the time i put into him is well worth it! Then there's always amphibians, which my favorite would be the pacman frog.

Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!