Passing of Steve Irwin - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #21
christopher66
I read were his is only the 3rd confirmed death to a stingray barb in Australia.
Freak accident to say the least.
I really liked his show,and thought he was a great champion for the cause of the reptile world as well as nature in general.
RIP.

Old 09-04-2006, 03:22 PM   #22
reptilebreeder
Tasteless and idiotic title. Even if you're so jealous of the guy. He had a wife and two children, plus he was a great person. Regardless of whether you thought he was careless with his snake handling, or whatever, he showed and educated a lot of people the world of reptiles we all love. Great conservationist, energetic, animal loving character. In fact, seeing as how there was a post made about this incident within about an hour before you made this one, I think you went "out of your way" to be able to make your own thread so you could use your little "funny" title. It's obvious that sometimes the wrong one's are taken, the irony of death, sigh.

R.I.P. Steve, and my condolences to Terri and the kids.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:31 PM   #23
extreme_bci
I highly agree, those were the wrong words to use.

I heard on the news this morning that he did die pretty fast so at least he was not in to much pain for to long. It's hard to bleave that this happen. This is very sad. I really hope they try to keep the zoo open, he worked his hole life for that zoo.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:50 PM   #24
Hypancistrus
It seems like Terri knew enough about day to day management (the business side) of the zoo, and he had a lot of staff there who were very experienced in care of the critters. I think the zoo will make it.

On a side note, the Discovery Channel is considering making a memorial fund in Steve's honor that would support both the zoo and other conservation efforts being made worldwide.

Here is the link!

"DCI is looking at the creation of the Steve Irwin Crocodile Hunter Fund, which we'll affectionately call "The Crikey Fund" to honor Steve's passion and exuberance for conservation and the animal kingdom. This fund will allow people from across the globe to make contributions in Steve's honor to support wildlife protection, education and conservation. The fund in addition to contributions by DCI will also aid Steve's Australia Zoo in Breewah, Australia as well as educational support for Bindi and Bob Irwin. "

Old 09-04-2006, 05:56 PM   #25
reptiler ron
Yes it is a bad title forr steve. I agree with John in saying R.I P. and thanking him for his work in not only the herp world but all animals that he worked with. One day down the road maybe we will have the Robert Inrin croc show or Bendi Sue show who knows.RON

Old 09-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #26
nikita04
I know that some people didn't like Steve Irwin, but I really dont care what other people think. I think he was one of the greatest. His love for animals was one that I have not seen from anyone else. He worked hard to save all kinds of animals. I always told my wife that I would love to meet Steve one day, but now that will never happen, and it sucks. My love and respect goes out to Steve and his family. As far as those that can not show respect for a great man, it just shows how ignorant you really are!!

(Steve Irwin bit the dust)-- This is very distasteful and shows no respect,grow up!!!

Lawrence

Old 09-04-2006, 08:31 PM   #27
Casey Hulse
The title of this thread is very poor taste.
Steve was great! I saw him (on the telly) jump in with the big croc he had at his zoo to save his buddy who was being munched on! This was at night, pitch black, they were cleaning a fence in an enclosure in a heavy rain to prevent flooding, and the big croc.(forgot his name) grabbed his buddy! Steve jumped in the water on the croc , and the croc. let go of his buddy who sustained a bad bite on his leg..I do not care for some of his antics, (kinda silly), but this showed me what kind of a heart this man had, he was "real". My son and I will miss him terribly!
[B]""Steve-O" Rest in peace[/b]

Old 09-04-2006, 08:36 PM   #28
Chameleon Company
You can't please everybody, but the man was infectiously entertaining with reptiles, the living example of being "always a kid at heart", and did more to advance the acceptance of reptiles than any person who ever lived. Love him ... dislike him ... what a man of accomplishment in his short 44 years ! We all have benefited because of his life. Rejoice that he will be so dearly missed, as it is a testimony to all that he accomplished ! And aspire to be so missed when our time comes.

Old 09-04-2006, 09:13 PM   #29
DISCERN
I was numbed to read the headlines.
Steve Irwin was extremely important in the fact that there is no way to know how many countless amounts of viewers he reached and possibly got interested in herps. Think about it. I bet there is a huge amount of people now that have seen, thru the fun way Steve portrayed them, how reptiles really are and how many myths about them are simply untrue.

He was a passionate guy about animals and that is what I really liked about him. It seemed that no matter what the animal was that he was showing or talking about, he made it seem like it was the most important animal on earth with his excitement and descriptive portrayal.

RIP Steve!!!

Old 09-04-2006, 09:17 PM   #30
Rocket
Steve did more to help the herp community than many people realize. I can only assume from the title that you, Morgan, didn't care for the man. At least respect him enough in death to not belittle him with your stupid title. Oh, did you predict this and now have to toot your own horn. Damn, your so cool. NOT!!!!!! (If you haven't figured it out yet, I am in the anger stage of grieving and apologize to everyone for this rant except the turd that titled this post)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!