Oreocryptophis p. pulcher babies - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-02-2015, 09:38 PM   #1
gila7150
Oreocryptophis p. pulcher babies

After 61 days at 78F, my Yunnan Mountain ratsnakes (Oreocryptophis p. pulcher) have finally hatched. I ended up with 4 healthy babies from the 1st clutch and one slug. She gave me a second, smaller clutch last week. The second clutch was only 3 eggs...one obvious slug and 2 ugly, but hopefully viable eggs (candled veins on them).

I'm kind of excited about these guys because the parents are LTC's so they represent some fresh, pure bloodlines of a subspecies that has unfortunately seen it's share of subspecies crossbreeding in the U.S reptile hobby.
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2015, 05:17 AM   #2
dieselfan
Wow!! Very nice Chris!!! Kudos to you for keeping this sub species "pure" and creating some fresh genetics for the US gene pool. I too have seen those disgraceful Porph-hybrids.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:04 AM   #3
gila7150
Thanks! The crosses aren't really my thing but the breeders that I know of have represented them as what they are. I think they could easily be misrepresented by others since many of them are very pulcher like in appearance.

Now I just want to see some more vaillanti in the U.S.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:18 PM   #4
Charis
Very nice! Congrats!
Do you know genders yet?

Old 07-04-2015, 10:00 PM   #5
gila7150
I'm going to let them have their 1st shed and meal before I probe them. I'll send you a PM when I know.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:19 PM   #6
Charis
That'll be great, thanks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!