ADULT MALE RHINO IGUANA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Iguanas

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 11:41 PM   #1
kkrause50
ADULT MALE RHINO IGUANA

This is an adult male approx 5 years old Rhino Iguana. After 5 years he just started getting aggressive with another iguana. He is pretty big approx 3 1/2 feet, from head to tail. So he can be a handfull sometimes. He has some scaring on his head from rubbing the top of the screen enclosure I have to put him in so I can get in and clean. Asking $350(OBO). Would prefer local pickup - Metro Detroit area. But will now think about shipping. Buyer will pay shipping.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
capplegate
Please send me an email..
applegate@go-concepts.com

Thanks,
Chris

Old 02-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
GBU Enterprises
Any chance I can talk you into shipping him?
Please reply to nbmononoke@msn.com

Old 02-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #4
kkrause50
Thumbs up NEW PRICE

I reduced the price if anyone is interested..
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #5
reticaboa
Metro Detroit

It's my knowledge that reptiles are illegal in Detroit, now I'm not sure what Metro Detroit means but it might be illegal for you to have this guy in the first place. Any reptile other than a turtle is not allowed to be posessed in Detroit. There are even cases of snake owners, badly bitten by their animals, being charged after the attack just for having the animal in the first place. In order for this guy to have become violent with another Iguana, that means you are posessing more than one illegal animal.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:12 AM   #6
kkrause50
I'm not sure anyone living "in the Detroit area" knows about this important law. Maybe you should call every single pet store in the area and inform them of this.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-24-2009, 09:00 AM   #7
reticaboa
I don't need to, I'm sure they know the rules and regulations, which is why I know you're out of line here. I did some more reasearch and yes, they are illegal there:

CITY OF DETROIT

ORDINANCES GOVERNING ANIMALS

CHAPTER 6

Sec. 6-1-1
Unlawful to transport any animal on the streets in a manner, which will endanger the animal's well being.

Sec. 6-1-3
Unlawful to keep wild or undomesticated animals.

Sec. 6-1-4
Unlawful to keep reptiles or serpents other than turtles.

Now, there's a lot more to this law but this is the part that your ignorance is unaware of.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:21 PM   #8
reticaboa
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkrause50 View Post
I'm not sure anyone living "in the Detroit area" knows about this important law. Maybe you should call every single pet store in the area and inform them of this.
And since your response was not a kind one but rather one with intent to attack my intelligence, I will say something else: There is no way the injuries on this animal's head came from rubbing on a cage that is only used during cleaning of his normal enclosure. Those are large injuries sustained over time. Also, in your picture the animals are sitting on top of one wire mesh topped enclosure which is sitting next to yet another with a wire top. You have shown yourself to be dishonest, and untrustworthy. Perhaps the Michigan Humane Society would be interested in rehoming your animal? But then again, if they aren't illegal in Detroit you should have nothing to worry about right?

Old 02-26-2009, 08:32 AM   #10
ttoes28
I too live in the "metro detroit area" which includes many cities other than detroit, and reptiles are permitted. I'm curious as to how old old these laws are as one refers to snakes as serpents. Actually I have been to Mr. Krause's home to view this Rhino a couple times. Shame on you for assuming what type of habitat and care his reptiles have from a photo. He has a male green iguana almost 5 feet long, and 15 years old. His iguanas are not caged, in fact having a whole room in the house to themselves. There are 2 very large tanks, not totally enclosed. The lizards can go in and out of them as they please. There is proper lighting, heat, humidity, and they eat better than any iquana I have seen. They are held everyday, talked to, just like you would care for any household pet. As to the injury on this Rhinos head, it does not show of abuse. I did view how he "roots" his head on the tank when enclosed, only for when Mr. Krause is cleaning the room. The wound is healing nicely. I would love to purchase him, if only the funds were available.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread