Live vs. Fake plants in leo cage... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-09-2005, 04:23 PM   #1
Shinjite
Live vs. Fake plants in leo cage...

Ok, I've been wanted to a get a leo for sometime now...and I've done much research, but I still have this question bouncing around in my head. Would it be ok to have live plants in the tank? Or would fake be better? What if the live plants needed to be in water? I saw these cool bambo plants at a local dollar store, ans they look like they'd be a nice addition to a viv...but the downside is, they have to be kept in water. (I think. They had them in water buckets at the store, so I'm guessing they need water.) Would it be ok to get a few separate ones, and get small containers of water with heavy rocks at the bottom so it can't be tipped over, and put them around the water bowl to give the cage a tropical look? I really like them, and would look perfect in the cage with the design I thought of. (I can make what it would look like on the computer so you can see)

Old 10-09-2005, 04:36 PM   #2
dragonflyreptiles
I have some of those bamboo plants that only need water (not in my leo tank but in the kitchen) and I put them in baby food jars so its a tight fit. You could do soemthing liek that to give the bamboo the water and the leos not be able to get in and drown. Then glue some rocks around the sides of hte jars to make them pretty!

Old 10-09-2005, 04:37 PM   #3
Shinjite
Oops! Typo! I meant to say wanted. ^_^ *stabs typo* Lol...yea, I don't really like typos. Lol!

Old 10-09-2005, 04:39 PM   #4
dragonflyreptiles
lol then don't read many of my post, I always have typos

Old 10-09-2005, 04:40 PM   #5
Shinjite
Cool! I'll remember that, I'm already making the design of how I want the cage. You know those "Zoo Med Reptile Hammocks"? I was thinking of using those, I've seen people use them. And then I found one that had a water bowl in it! I'll probably be getting that, and putting it low to the gound, or add steps to get to it. And I'm putting the bamboo around it. I think it will look nice. ^_^ I'm going to be finished with the design soon, I'm just labeling everything now...so I'll be posting it soon.

Old 10-09-2005, 04:44 PM   #6
dragonflyreptiles
Sounds cool!

Old 10-09-2005, 04:49 PM   #7
Shinjite
Here you go, it's a bit messy...but it was just a quick little thing. There's four bamboo plants by the water "hammock" lol...there's a normal hammock, humid hide, two normal hides, slate tile substrate, and a calcium dish. I didn't put a mealworm dish in it, because I plan on feeding crickets. But I'll add one if it's a picky eater and will only want mealies. ^_^

Old 10-09-2005, 04:51 PM   #8
Shinjite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
lol then don't read many of my post, I always have typos
LOL!

Old 10-09-2005, 04:53 PM   #9
Shinjite
I think the bamboo would look really nice in some of my set-up ideas. I'm trying to get an asian forest look to it, which is why I want to bamboo for the set-up. I'm going to make a couple more with bamboo...maybe I'll start making designs and host them on my website so people who are stumped on ideas for a cool set-up can look at my designs for refrence. ^_^

Old 10-09-2005, 04:54 PM   #10
Shinjite
**want to GET bamboo for the set-up. Grr, more typos! LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!