Fl.International Reptile Show? - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:34 PM   #141
homegrownherps
That’s to bad that some people will attend one bad show and think all the rest will be just as bad. If your first car were a lemon would you use public transportation for the rest of your life?
Even though you say you have read ALL the posts, you are still not getting it. This is not about “revenge”. This is about making others aware of what is going on.
And every time some one comes to the forum and doesn’t know what’s going on or questions comments and statements that are being posted, then most likely your going to hear it all over again. Your sick of reading about, and honestly I am sick of explaining each time some one “new” makes a post. Its all there, plain and simple.

This isn’t about good vendors or bad vendors, you are definitely mixed up. ONE MORE TIME…this is about a bad promoter …NOT VENDORS. Where in this thread does it mention BAD vendors????

If you just prefer to talk about reptiles …well there are many discussion forums on this site as well, pick one and discuss away.

Or you could just not come back to this particular thread. I know if I didn’t read about it any more I could easily “unsubscribe” to this thread and ignore all news posts.

I also notice that certain people say there sick of hearing/reading about all this, and say we should do something more positive…but I don’t see them actually doing anything to change it either.

Tony’s be exposed for what he’s done, and it’s pretty plain he may be out of this business. So what’s next , what do we do to “fix’ what was done and keep the hobby strong ?

Old 05-01-2006, 10:02 PM   #142
"cocheta"
Jim I can't agree with you more..."so what's next,what do we have to do to "fix" what was done & keep the hobby strong?"
That is all I'm trying to say!!!!
Got any suggestions Jim ? I'll do what I can to help!
All I'm trying to say is if you want a STRONG, or should I say a beautiful community then it's like a flower bed..pull the weeds & get on with making your bed something beautiful again.
You guys have pulled the weed so let's get going on making this what you want! I'm sure ther will be more weeds to pull but once they've been pulled don't exhaust yourself to the point where you can't fill that gap with something beautiful!

Old 05-01-2006, 10:08 PM   #143
homegrownherps
I don't know , maybe all the people that keep saying we should stop "bashing" ( as they call it ) and move on, can come up with some ideas. Since they keep suggesting it !

Old 05-01-2006, 10:16 PM   #144
"cocheta"
Gino you have the point correct all I'm trying to say is that it's time to rebuild not continue to destroy! sorry I didnt respond to your post first...maybe i've made more since in the last post i did!
I am in no way saying that anyone was wrong but only trying to say that now that he is hopefully gone I'd love to see this a new begining or at least see a HUGE community pulling together to turn this into what it should be..something we'd all like to come to & say;
"wow it was kind of rocky before but look at it now!"
you guys have worked hard to get to this point Be Proud of your accomplishments, Be thankful it's over, & now put all that into fixing it up!!!
hopefully then my husband & others will see that it's not a bad thing to be in the Reptile World

Old 05-01-2006, 10:22 PM   #145
"cocheta"
gee i guess I have tried to help & only made it worse. I offered I tried to let you know how it looked to me as a newbie. If this is the way it is then so be it! I was trying to help but I guess you guys don't need opinions here from the newbie...
I'll just sit back & watch as the maddbess goes on!!!
Sorry for trying to help!
I wish you all only the best espscially the ones who can overcome this & now rebuild the damage he did by making things better!
Best of luck!

Old 05-01-2006, 11:03 PM   #146
Gino
Cocheta,
Who said they didn't want to hear from a newbie?
I believe we are fixing the problem.
I think you'll find the Fall show at the fairgrounds in Tampa will be a great event.
We are building for the future.
I'm releasing my upcoming CD there and I expect it will be an exciting time.
I invite you and anyone from any side to come in Sept and see what we've built.
I have faith in Alex and what he's tried to do. I've invested a considerable amount in that faith.
These are truely exciting times. Join us.
Gino

Old 05-01-2006, 11:06 PM   #147
homegrownherps
And I assure you it will be worth the trip !

Old 05-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #148
"cocheta"
wow!! That's incredible!! Good luck with your CD & at the show!!!!
It is great to hear the good plans!

Old 05-02-2006, 06:45 AM   #149
audrypayne
I hope you can change your husband's mind & give the other shows a try. There are a lot of wonderful vendors in this trade. Rich from Reptile Basics has some great stuff along with some hard to find items such as mite spray & heat tapes. OBE usually has a little bit of everything. And I couldn't even start to list the rest. There are just too many to remember. The show you attended was not a typical show. I know that first appearances usually has a lasting impression. It was the promoter that kept the vendors away. Now that it's over with him, there won't be any more bashing and people in our trade will have to work even harder to gain the confidence back from the ones that was let down.
You should try the Raleigh show this weekend. He has an impressive list of vendors that will be there.

Old 05-03-2006, 05:49 AM   #150
sariki
hello

how are you today i will like to hear hear from you please try to contact me with this email sariki_usman@yahoo.com

sariki

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!