503 Service Unavailable - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #11
Lucille
I got a 'server busy' a bunch of times this morning. For a minute, I thought mebbe I had been bad and the tech gods were angry with me

Old 04-21-2009, 07:49 PM   #12
WebSlave
I've got my server tech looking into it, but to be perfectly honest, if he tells me that bandwidth and concurrent connections have exceeded the carrying capacity of the server and I need to go to a bigger (more expensive) one, then we're all just going to have to live with it as is. Paid memberships are at an all time low here (and CornSnakes.com as well - which is on the same server) and I have already offloaded some of my minor sites to another server to try to help. Which adds to the total cost of running all this stuff, of course. Sorry, but I just can't afford to do anything about it.

Right now the sites are running a bit in the black, but with the likelihood that paid memberships and banner advertisements will drop even further because of the economy, I can't run the risk of operating in the red by going to a more expensive server. Everyone is tightening their belt these days, which includes me as well. If my sites wind up being in the red for any length of time, well, sorry, I just can't be the only one digging deeper into my own pocket when everyone else is trying to save their own pennies and not spend it on frivolous stuff like memberships and advertising.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:26 PM   #13
TheFragginDragon
Like I said in my PM Rich, it's a minor annoyance, and since it only seems to last 20 minutes, you won't hear me complain a bit.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #14
GottaLuvHerps
Rich,

I also got the same messages several times, and have noticed the sites (here and CS.com) a little slow, but it is not a big deal. Hopefully there will be some more paid memberships coming in. I have to get back to my advertising here too....
Don't worry too much about it, just thought I would let you know that both sites are a bit slow. Go take care of those babies, we will be here when you get back!

Kelly

Old 05-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #15
DAND
Got it again

503 Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily busy, try again later! Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server
LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!

Old 05-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #16
WebSlave
Please make note of the time (easter standard, please, as that is what my server guy is going to be looking for) when they happen. He thought he fixed the problem, but I guess not... Might be several things causing the same symptoms.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #17
DAND
Sorry, it was just before the time of the post at 6:23 pm Eastern time.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #18
DAND
and just again at 7:44 pm Eastern time.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #19
WebSlave
Anyone else? I'm not seeing any server load spikes or getting locked out myself. It's entirely possible it's not my server causing the problem now....

Old 05-04-2009, 07:20 AM   #20
DAND
Again... 7:16 am Eastern time, but it is only happening to new posts or newly added to threads.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!