Sienna's Been Exorcised! ~ DUW - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-11-2009, 03:14 AM   #1
Twizted Paths
Sienna's Been Exorcised! ~ DUW

Sienna (was going to be Sierra) is my 'Feisty' 2006 Jungle 66% Sharp. I was warned about her on the phone, in e-mails & at the show. There was talk of hooks and gloves. She was fine though, tense with a bit of stink eye, but what do you expect shows are stressful for them.Besides, I like a challenge and she's frigging gorgeous! Get her home, still fine.

Check on her the next day, unlatched one side of the Q tub - Game On! - before I can get the other side she's busting out like greased lightening. I don't know how I didn't get tagged. I grabbed her mid body, she swung around at me, I whipped a towel over her & somehow managed kick the tub back upright & got her wildly flailing self back into it. As I crouched there, both arms leaning on the lid looking down at her glaring up at me, I suddenly realized her tub was a soppy wet mess. I had to fix it.
There was much more flailing and cursing, it was um, fun - yeah that's the word.

We've made progress since then, but never once (except on feeding days oddly enough) has our interaction ended without her skitzing out and trying to tag me. Until bath time today
(Which would be yesterday already for most people)

She did freak out when I first put her in the water, which is how she wound up on the window ledge. I had her out for over an hour though and she didn't try for me once! I even got to pet her chin!! I have no idea why, but I think it's just the coolest when I get to pet their chins.

I got proof too! Didn't even soak the camera.

On the Window

My Toes Not being chewed on

Pulling her off the faucets & Not Getting tagged

Didn't get tagged for putting the lighter by her

Close to her face w/ My face surviving intact

One of her pretty stripes & she didn't get me from above

I'm so happy!
Watch her get me tomorrow.... this was all probably just a dirty boa trick to try & get me to let my guard down.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:40 AM   #2
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
Watch her get me tomorrow.... this was all probably just a dirty boa trick to try & get me to let my guard down.
lol, NICE! Good looking boa!

Careful. I knew an african grey (not mine) that would bend his head over and want to get petted. Once he knew your finger was in there as far as it would get, he'd whip back and take a grab at you.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
Shadera
Pretty girl, sounds like she's helping you keep your reflexes honed. You'll be ready for ninja-ness in no time!

Old 07-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
Helenthereef
Great story: Shows little-emphaized importance of retaining sense of humor with Herps!

Old 07-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
Great story, I felt like I was right there with you dodging and weaving stikes! What a pretty girl too, I'm such a sucker for lateral striping and I *love* hers!

My big albino gal is quite territorial and 'twisty' when handled, but put her in a bath of warm water and she'll fall alseep. Go figure!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boas, jungle boas