Python HELP possible skin disorder!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
Reptilia_Extreme
Python HELP possible skin disorder!!!

I'm wondering if anyone else out there has seen something like this before. Let me start off by saying these dull patches are not retained shed.! I noticed a small dull patch about a week ago on the snake's neck, that came out of no where. The snake was about to shed and when it did it seems as if same thing then appeared on the top of his head. I keep his hot side 88-90 cold side mid 80's 55-60% humidity I have had this ball python for years without problems. This snake still continues to feed regularly and shows no other signs of illness. Anyone know what this is?? I'm prepared to take him to the vet next week.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
Uroboros
Could they be burns?

As far as skin problems go, it seems that fungi are the most blamed and first suspected.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
Reptilia_Extreme
I dont believe them to be burns because the initial dull patch has remained the same I tried treating with polysporin and it did nothing I think it is something fungal related next week the vet will tell me I wish I had a more trust worthy vet in Connecticut good herp doctors are hard to find.!

Old 07-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #4
dr del
Hi,

It looks like the very top layer of those scales came off with the old skin during his last shed.

It normally corrects itself with the next shed - might be an idea to up the humidity slightly for the next shed cycle to see if that helps.

dr del

Old 07-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
looks like low humidity during a shed to me.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
SPJ
Shed issue.
Bump the humidity next time he goes blue.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:17 AM   #7
Reptilia_Extreme
Alright I'll definitely do that I hope its something that simple!!

Old 07-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #8
R. Eventide
Looks like the patches I had on my female normal when I didn't have a humid hide for her. So yeah, I'll just echo everyone else's humidity suggestions.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #9
Reptilia_Extreme
To all those who responded i appreciate the input.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!